Art with Heart Wow Tutorials

Saturday 13 June 2020

Social Stamping - #12 Travel

Travel and Sailing Home
(Updated Blog post)

Hello. Welcome to Valley Inspirations with Andrea and the Social Stamping Blog Hop for another week. This is our 12th week of blog hopping together and our theme this week is "Travel".

I hope you have been enjoying all the projects that have been inspired by the "Travel" theme. While restrictions are being lifted and some intra-state travel is starting to occur, I haven't sojourned far from home so my thoughts of travel have taken the form of dreams for the future. In pondering the design for this card, I also thought about the mixed messages that are around at present. I acknowledge that bringing us out of shutdown would be a nightmare for Government given so many different requirements, needs and wants. There are many voices wanting this, that and the other. My design is based on the sentiment - 'Set sail in the direction of your dreams', with the hidden text - don't be swayed this way or that, but to be grounded in your beliefs and on this foundation, follow your dreams. Here's my card (well two versions of it):

This first photo is of the final card which was uploaded the day after this blog went live. 

A word of explanation - my past week has been topsy turvy and time to craft seemed forever interrupted and so I came to Saturday with my project unfinished. I worked on completing the card but I wasn't 100%, however, looking at the time, I didn't have any leeway to continue 'till I was happy. I didn't want to let my colleagues down and just not post, so I posted the card now showing below. After finishing writing this blog within the 'go live' timeframe, I then continued to work on my card till I was happier with the end product. I'd be interested to know your thoughts about the two versions.

A brief description of how I created the card. The watercolour background was created using Seaside Spray ink wash on Shimmery White card-stock. This was embossed using the Old World Paper 3D embossing folder (so love this effect). The watercoloured shimmery white piece was mounted on Night of Navy cardstock which was then mounted on the card base with dimensionals. Some Frost White Shimmer Paint was flicked over. It doesn't show up well in these photos.

The compass, sailing boat and anchor from the Sailing Home stamp set were stamped in Night of Navy ink, with the latter two fussy cut, while the compass was punched out with a      1 1/2" circle punch. The centre stripe used a little 1/2" Balmy Blue Scalloped Linen Ribbon, a thin strip of Night of Navy card-stock and a die cut silver foil rope (from the coordinating Smooth Sailing dies). The sailing boat and anchor where tucked under the stripe feature while the compass was popped up on Dimensionals. The compass arrow also was die cut from Silver Foil. A sentiment from the Sailing Home stamp set was stamped, fussy cut into 3 pieces and arranged. To finish off, a few Seaside Spray coloured Basic Rhinestone Jewels were added.

The card inner is very simple with the compass '2nd generation' stamped in the middle and a couple of thin strips of Night of Navy card-stock adhered near the base.

I am delighted that you spent some time at my blog. Please contact me if you would like any further information about the card or if you are in Australia and would like a new Catalogue posted to you or if I can help you in any other way.

I hope you have enjoyed this week's Social Stamping Blog Hop on "Travel". If you started at the beginning with our gorgeous Social Stamping Host, Kelly Kent, then I am the last blog for this week, however, if you started 'hopping' part way through then either click here to be transferred to Kelly Kent at My Papercraft Journey to see her creation or click on the Next graphic below.  Or if you would prefer to go to the full list of participants click here to be taken to Kelly Kent's Host blog post where you will find individual links that take you to each person's blog.

Look after yourself and your family. Take care.

Hope to 'see' you again next week. 😘


List of Products used to create this card:

Stamps & Dies
  • Sailing Home stamp set - #149457
  • Smooth Sailing dies - #149576
  • Seaside Notions stamp set - #149278
Inks
  • Balmy Blue ink pad - #147105
  • Night of Navy ink pad - #147110
  • Craft White Stampin' pad & Refill - #147277
  • Frost White Shimmer Paint - #147046
  • Balmy Blue Dark Stampin Blends - #154891 (Combo Pack)
Paper
  • Shimmery White card-stock - #121717
  • Whisper White card-stock - #106549
  • Whisper White Thick card-stock - #140490
  • Night of Navy card-stock - #106577
  • Silver Foil - #132178
  • C6 Whisper White envelopes - #106588
Embellishments
  • Rhinestone Basic Jewels - #144220
  • Seaside Spray Scolloped Linen Ribbon - #149707
  • Silver Thread - retired
Adhesives
  • Multipurpose Liquid Glue - #110755
  • Mini Glue Dots - #103683
  • Mini Stampin' Dimensionals - #144108
  • Stampin' Dimensionals - #104430
  • Tear & Tape Adhesive - #138995
Tools
  • Old World Paper embossing folder - #153200
  • Aqua Painter - #151298
  • Take Your Pick Tool - #144107
  • Bone Folder - #102300
  • Paper Snips - #103579
  • Paper Trimmer - #152392
  • Stamparatus - #148187
  • Block C - #118486
  • Block D - #118485
  • Block E - #118484
  • Grid Paper - #130148
  • Silicone Craft Mat - #127857
  • Simple Shammy - #147042
  • Stampin Cut & Emboss Machine - #149653
  • Magnetic Cutting Plate - #149656

11 comments:

  1. I hear you about the mixed messages. Who knows what the future holds as we all start to move around again. In WA, all our recent cases are travellers who have come in from overseas. I'm happy to live in our bubble for a while. Gorgeous card with great thought into the message it conveys! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kelly. You have been such a blessing through your encouragement and coordination of this Weekly Blog Hop. XXX Ps - I played a little more with my card and have updated my blog with the final version.

      Delete
  2. Your card is perfect Andrea and conveys beautifully the message you passing on to everybody xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sheila. I appreciate you encouragement and your friendship - even from afar. XXX Ps I couldn't resist playing further with my card and have updated my blog with the final version.

      Delete
  3. The embossing folder looks great. Lovely message too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. I appreciate your kind words. Yes, the Old World Paper embossing folder gives amazing results. x

      Delete
  4. I'm loving your subtext for the greeting on your card. Love the watery background done with this amazing embossing folder!! Love all the blues too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julia. I do appreciate your kind words. Yes, it is an amazing embossing folder - one which I will play with often. x

      Delete
  5. It certainly is a dilemma-to travel or not to travel if and when we are able. This is one of my favourite stamp sets :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you in regard to the mixed messages Andrea. I have felt there have been mixed messages almost daily since the restrictions began. I think many of us are dreaming of travel. Both great versions of your card, I really like the addition of the Navy strips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the colours in this great card Andrea, perfect masculine or feminine card! That background is wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting.

AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop #50 Tahitian Tide

Tahitian Tide with Sweet Songbirds and Seaside Bay Hello. Welcome to  Valley Inspirations with Andrea  and the  Art with Heart Colour Creati...