Hello. Welcome to Valley Inspirations with Andrea and to the 10th Social Stamping Blog Hop. I hope you have been enjoying all the projects that have been inspired by this week's theme - 'Hearts'.
I wanted to create something that was a little different from traditional 'Heart' cards and as I was pondering a design for the card I remembered the 'Wildly Happy' stamp set that depicted animals snuggling their young - communicating their love for their cubs, etc - a lovely representation of 'Heart". I so love the imagery and am disappointed this stamp set is retiring as of 2nd June. There is not much time left if you are interested in this set, so be quick. While all the images are cute, I chose the delightful Pandas for my card.
A Heart shape and Heart frame were cut out of the card front panel using the Stitched Be Mine die set. This panel was embossed using the Detailed Hearts dies and retired Impression mats, however, Stampin' Up!s new Annual Catalogue for 2020-2021 will again be selling Impression Mats to go with their new Cut and Emboss Machine. It's fun to play with dies and use them in different ways to gain interesting effects.
I had been thinking of creating a blended background to sit underneath the heart, but then, out of the corner of my eye, I caught sight of the new Forever Greenery Designer Series Paper (DSP). This patterned paper is so gorgeous and so I selected it to show though the heart shaped hole. A smidgeon of the DSP peaks out to mount the cut and embossed card front. The pandas were stamped in Momento Black ink and coloured with Stampin' Blends. The depiction of a mother's love for her cub warms the heart and comes from the heart, so the pandas where placed on the heart shaped Whisper White card. The sentiment came from Stampin' Up!s Sharing Sunshine Fundraising PDF, which was printed out on Whisper White card-stock. A tiny piece of Pear Pizzazz card-stock was tucked under the Classic Label punched out sentiment. To finish the card front a few retiring Heart Epoxy Droplets were added.
Inside the card the pandas were stamped again in Momento ink to link the card inner with the card front.
I am delighted that you spent some time at my blog. Please contact me if you would like any further information about the card or you are in Australia and would like a new Catalogue posted to you or if I can help you in some way.
The next paper crafter is the lovely and talented Elizabeth Gross at Lillybet's Paper. To go to her blog you can either click on her name or the "Next" graphic below. Or if you would prefer to go to the full list of participants click here to be taken to Kelly Kent's blog where you will find individual links that take you to each person's blog.
While COVID-19 cases are significantly declining in Australia, we still need to take care to ensure we and others stay safe and healthy. I do hope you are coping in these challenging times. It is great to hear of restrictions being lessoned through a staged approach and to know that life will be expanding, at least within our country. Take care and look after yourself and your loved ones.
Hope to see you again next week.
List of Products used to create this card:
Stamps & Dies
- Wildly Happy stamp set - #149408 - Retiring on 2 June 2020
- Detailed Hearts dies - #151440
- Stitched Be Mine dies - #151814
- Sharing Sunshine PDF - ordered directly on the Stampin' Up! website and click on the Share Sunshine PDF Download. From there click on 'add to cart'. This is processed separately from other products as 100% of the charge of $12 will be donated to 2 worldwide charities supporting those affected by COVID-19.
- Momento ink pad - #132708
- Colour Lifter Stampin Blends - #144608
- Grey Granite Light & Dark Stampin Blends - #154886
- Smoky Slate Light & Dark Stampin Blends - #154904
- Basic Black Light & Dark Stampin Blends - #154843
- Stampin' Write Markers 2019-2022 (Pretty Peacock) - #150079
- Wink of Stella Glitter Brush - #141897
- Shimmery White card-stock - #121717
- Whisper White card-stock - #106549
- Whisper White Thick card-stock - #140490
- Pear Pizzazz card-stock - #131290
- Forever Greenery Designer Series Paper - #152492
- C6 Whisper White envelopes - #106588
- Heart Epoxy Droplets - #148583
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue - #110755
- Mini Glue Dots - #103683
- Mini Stampin' Dimensionals - #144108
- Stampin' Dimensionals - #104430
- Classic Label - #141491
- Take Your Pick Tool - #144107
- Bone Folder - #102300
- Paper Snips - #103579
- Paper Trimmer - #152392
- Stamparatus - #148187
- Grid Paper - #130148
- Silicone Craft Mat - #127857
- Stampin Cut & Emboss Machine - #149653
- Impression Mats - #149660
- Magnetic Cutting Plate - #149656
- Specialty Plate - #154711