Welcome to Valley Inspirations with Andrea and the Monthly Art With Heart Creative Showcase.
I had a lot of fun playing with this sketch and have created three cards to share with you. I hope you like them and find something that spikes your interest.
I was wanting to play with the Tropical Oasis Memories and More card pack around the time Rachel Woolard, who tirelessly coordinates the Art With Heart Creative Showcases, posted this Sketch, and so I combined an interpretation of the sketch with a couple of cards from the M&M pack. These card pads can be used in scrapbooking, and are also great for use in card making. As you can see, I altered the lie of the card from the sketch to landscape with the banner close to the lower edge of the card front. The Tropical Oasis Suite is so gorgeous, communicating life, relaxation and fun. The Timeless Tropical stamp & die bundle is continuing into the coming new Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue for 2020-2021, however, the Memories and More card pack is retiring and won't be available after 2 June 2020. If you are interested, act quickly to not miss out.
As I was thinking about the card design, I saw a panel of water-coloured Shimmery White card-stock on my desk that I had created previously when I was playing with water-colouring. It seemed just right as the background.
After adding a banner of Vellum across the lower portion of the card-front, I fussy cut the tropical coconut drink & flowers from one of the M&M cards plus some tropical fruit from another card. To complete the design, I also tucked in some tropical style leaves that had been previously stamped and die cut for another project using the Tropical dies.
The final touch was the addition of a sentiment from the Timeless Tropical stamp set. Not wanting to cover the flowers, fruit and the decorated coconut, the sentiment was tucked near the base.
Fine strips of the water-coloured panel and Lovely Lipstick card-stock were added inside the card together with fussy cut bananas & flower to link the card inner with the card front.
The second card uses the gorgeous and retiring Perennial Essence Designer Series Paper (DSP). This DSP looks like hand painted impressionistic imagery, reminiscent of Monet. I so love this DSP - it makes me happy to create with it.
Looking at the photo of the card above, it's hard to see the subtle banner, but the Petal Pink Vellum banner adds to the card design when looking at it 'in the real'. It's positioned on the RHS rather than the LHS, as shown on the Sketch. The DSP design depicts a carpet of white daisies, so I have included 3 white (with Petal Pink tinge) small daisies to the card. I used the Medium Daisy punch and punched 3 sets of petals for each flower. A Petal Pink Stampin' Write Marker was used to add a little colour to the petals (by adding a touch of colour to the stamp with the Marker, then stamping it on Whisper White card stock and punching it out). The little Perennial Essence Floral Centres are so cute and add a lovely touch to the daisies. These too are retiring. The good news is that the Daisy Lane stamp set and Medium Daisy Punch are carrying over. Woohoo!
To add a little texture to the leaves, that were die cut using the Poppy Moments dies out of Old Olive Perennial Essence Vellum, they were daubed with a little Whisper White Craft ink. The sentiment is from the Share Sunshine PDF. This PDF is a product give back by Stampin' Up! where ALL proceeds will be going to 2 international charities that are supporting communities through the COVID-19 pandemic. It's such a worthy cause.
The card inner continues the sentiment from the Share Sunshine PDF, and was die cut using the new Tasteful Labels dies (they are in the new Annual Catalogue and will be available from 3 June 2020). A die cut leaf also was added.
The third card shows another interpretation of the Sketch, with three different sized banners instead of one.
A water-coloured rainbow was painted on Shimmery White card-stock with some of the 'Bright' ink colours. To add some extra character, a fine banner was cut from the So Saffron Perennial Essence Vellum and embossed with the Pinewood Plank 3D embossing folder. A medium width banner was cut from Pacific Point card-stock and embossed using one of the new embossing folders, ie the Greenery Embossing Folder. The card front was embossed with another new embossing folder, Tasteful Texture 3D embossing folder. Stampin' Write Markers in the same colours as those used to water-colour the rainbow banner were used to splatter the embossed texture.
The sentiment also came from the Sharing Sunshine PDF. I love this one. One of the small Stitched Rectangles dies was used to cut out the label.
Flowers, leaves and buds from the gorgeous Forever Blossoms stamp set were stamped in Momento ink on Whisper White card-stock and coloured with Stampin' Blends. Medium Rhinestone Basic Jewels have been added as the flower centres and give a little twinkle to the card.
A tiny strip of the water-coloured paper has been added inside the card with the flower spray from the Forever Blossoms stamp set stamped in Mango Melody ink. (Its a lovely colour.)
Thank you for spending time with me at Valley Inspirations. I appreciate that you have called in to check out my blog.
I hope you have been managing in these strange times, whether you have been self-isolating, continuing to work or some other form of taking care. It's nice to have restrictions gradually eased, but we still need to maintain social distancing so we don't give the virus any opportunity to get out of control again. Take care and stay well.
The next demonstrator to share her interpretation of the sketch is the fabulous Kathryn Mangelsdorf at Kathryn's Stampin World. Kathryn is my Up Line in Stampin' Up! and a beautiful person.
Andrea Sargent < You are here >
Thanks for visiting. Do come back next month for the Art With Heart Team Creative Showcase is featuring our favourite products from Stampin' Up!s new Annual Catalogue for 2020-2021.
Stamps & Dies
- Timeless Tropical stamp & die bundle - #153811
- Timeless Tropical stamp set - #151497
- Forever Blossoms - #151457
- Daisy Lane stamp set - #149325
- Stitched Shapes dies - #145372
- Stitched Rectangle dies - #148551
- Poppy Moments dies - #151594
- Tropical dies - #146831
- Sharing Sunshine PDF - ordered directly on the web at ...
- Lovely Lipstick ink pad - #
- Momento ink pad - #132708
- Many Marvellous Markers - #147154
- Melon Mambo ink pad - #147051
- Pumpkin Pie ink pad - #147086
- Mango Melody ink pad - #147093
- Granny Apple Green ink pad - #147094
- Pacific Point ink pad - #147098
- Petal Pink ink pad - #147108
- Mango Melody Light & Dark Stampin Blends - #147945
- So Saffron Light & Dark Stampin Blends - #147280
- Old Olive Light & Dark Stampin Blends - #144597
- Wink of Stella Glitter Brush - #141897
- Lovely Lipstick card-stock - #146993
- Pacific Point card-stock - #116202
- Shimmery White card-stock - #121717
- Whisper White card-stock - #106549
- Whisper White Thick card-stock - #140490
- Old Olive card-stock - #106576
- Vellum card-stock - #106584
- Perennial Essence Vellum card-stock - #149101
- Perennial Essence Designer Series Paper - #149100
- Tropical Oasis Memories & More card pack - #151255
- C6 Whisper White envelopes - #106588
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels - #144220
- Perennial Essence Floral Centres - #149442
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue - #110755
- Mini Glue Dots - #103683
- Mini Stampin' Dimensionals - #144108
- Stampin' Dimensionals - #104430
- Pinewood Plank 3D Embossing folder - #152320
- Greenery Embossing folder - #152716
- Tasteful Texture 3D embossing folder - #152718
- Take Your Pick Tool - #144107
- Bone Folder - #102300
- Paper Snips - #103579
- Paper Trimmer - #152392
- Stamparatus - #148187
- Grid Paper - #130148
- Silicone Craft Mat - #127857
- Aqua Painter - #103954
- Sponge Daubers - #133773
- Cut & Emboss Machines - Available in new Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue 2020-2021