To create my projects (pictured below) I have used Stampin' (Alcohol) Blends with Heat Embossing for Project 1 and Stampin' Write Markers, a Stamp Block and Stampin' Spritzer for Project 2.
I love using colouring techniques on my projects and have fun exploring a range of techniques, especially learning new ones. Colouring often requires a good eye, skill and creative enthusiasm to try it out. I am still learning and practicing so I can improve - and I am loving the journey. It is good to know that if one technique doesn't gel with you, there are many others with a range of variations that may tickle your fancy. If something doesn't work, just keep trying.
Card 2: My second card could have appeared either in this blog or my previous blog (from last night). My last blog was part of the Art with Heart Team's Colour Creations Showcase where we heroed Cajun Craze, one of Stampin' Up!s Regal colours. My first idea to use this rich rusty orange was to design a card with Autumn leaves, but I wanted to think more broadly for the Colour Creations Showcase. However, I love Autumn leaves and creating the blend of Autumn colours can use a different colouring technique than the one applied on my first card.
Looking at the card design, the leaves were a similar strength of colour to the water-coloured rectangle and so the leaves didn't stand out as much as they deserved. To give a little distinction to the darker leaf edge, Versamark ink (from a Refill bottle) was added with a Blender Pen and then heat embossed with Gold Stampin' Emboss powder. The camera hasn't picked up the life added with the gold edge that glitters in the light. I will need to experiment with this technique to refine it's application.
I dearly wanted to share a third card with you featuring further colouring techniques, but ran out of time to finish the card. Hopefully, it will link with a coming blog hop so I can share it with you then.
The two cards have used either colouring with Stampin' Blends on the stamped floral arrangement and the ribbon and pearl embellishments; or water colouring using Stampin' Write Markers, a block and a Stampin' Spritzer as well as using the Markers directly on the stamp. I hope you have enjoyed these techniques.
The next Art With Heart Team member to share her colour technique project is Amie McIlroy at Eager to Stamp. Click on Aimie's name or the Graphic below to see her project featuring gorgeous a lovely colouring technique.
Andrea Sargent << You are here>>
Thank you for viewing our Showcase. Do come back next month for August's Art With Heart Team Creative Showcase. I'm not sure what we will be showcasing but I know it will be fun and inspiring given my colleagues and the Stampin' Up products we love.
Stamps, Dies & Punches
- Rooted In Nature stamp set - #148217
- Nature's Roots dies - #151786
- Bloom & Grow Stamp set - #149229
- Budding Blooms dies - #149548
- Cajun Craze Classic Stampin' ink pad - #153116
- Petal Pink Classic Stampin' ink pad - #147108
- Blender Pen - #102845
- Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers as part of the Regals Stampin' Write Markers - #147155
- Petal Pink Stampin' Blends Combo Park - #154893
- Soft Sea Foam Stampin' Blends Combo Pack- #154902
- Seaside Spray Stampin' Blends Combo Pack- #154901
- Purple Posy Stampin' Blends Combo Pack- #154896
- Rococo Rose Stampin' Blends Combo Pack- #154900
- Colour Lifter Stampin' Blends - #144608
- Versamark ink pad - #102283
- Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder - #109129
- Whisper White card-stock - #106549
- Thick Whisper White card-stock - #140490
- Cajun Craze card-stock - #121681
- Crushed Curry card-stock - #131288
- Petal Pink card-stock - #147009
- C6 Whisper White envelopes - #106589
- Gold Metallic Edged Ribbon - #144146
- Braided Linen Trim - #147808
- Pearl Basic Jewels - #144219
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue - #110755
- Mini Glue Dots - #103683
- Tear & Tape Adhesive - #138995
- Mini Stampin' Dimensionals - #144108
- Stampin' Dimensionals - #104430
- Dainty Diamonds 3D Embossing Folder - #152702
- Take Your Pick Tool - #144107
- Bone Folder - #102300
- Paper Snips - #103579
- Paper Trimmer - #152392
- Stamparatus - #148187
- Block C - #118486
- Block D - #118485
- Block E - #118484
- Block H - #118490
- Grid Paper - #130148
- Silicone Craft Mat - #127857
- Stamping Sponge - #141337
- Simple Shammy - #147042
- Heat Tool - #129056
- Stampin Cut & Emboss Machine - #149653
- Magnetic Cutting Plate - #149656