Art with Heart Wow Tutorials

Monday 11 October 2021

AWH Heart of Christmas #15

Christmas with Snowflake Wishes & Words of Cheer

Hello. Welcome to Valley Inspirations with Andrea and the Art with Heart Team 2021 Heart of Christmas Blog Hop


It's wonderful that you are joining us for this Heart of Christmas Blog Hop. Creating  Christmas cards is a happy experience, especially with the fabulous Stampin' Up products. I had some ideas for this week's card, but ran out of time and so I am sharing a couple of cards I created after recently watching Emma Goddard during one of her Card & a Cuppa sessions, where she demonstrated the masking technique with blending and stamping.  I have a 3rd card part created, but it didn't fall neatly into place and requires some fiddling with placement etc. I will try to upload it here over the next few days. Here are my two completed cards - I hope you like them:


As my time has completely disappeared with today's commitments extending longer than planned, I won't be going into all the details of how the cards were created and with what, but will just summarise key aspects. Please contact me if you have any queries.


Both cards used the masking technique where a piece of paper was torn in half and then placed over the card front with a space in-between. One of Stampin' Up!s gorgeous Blending Brushes was used to colour the Basic White card-stock in-between the torn edges. The first card used a mix of Fresh Freesia, Pool Party and Balmy Blue Classic Stampin' inks


Before lifting the masking paper some snowflakes from the Snowflake Wishes stamp set were stamped in the same colours was the blended background, but as they were stamped the colours are more intense.


A sentiment from the same stamp set was stamped in Balmy Blue Classic ink. A large snowflake from the Wonderful Snowflakes embellishment pack was positioned with other die cut snowflakes, cut using the So Many Snowflakes die set from the paper used for the snowflake embellishments. The snowflakes were finished with Blue Adhesive-backed Gems at the centre.


Both the card inner and a C6 Basic White envelope were stamped with flurries of small snowflakes using the same ink colours as listed above.


Card 2: The second card used the same masking and stamping technique, but a different stamp set, ink colours and embellishments. 


The blended coloured panel was created using Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin ink and the poinsettia arrangement from the Words of Cheer stamp set was stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink over the masked and blended area.


The sentiment came from the same stamp set and was also stamped in Cherry Cobbler. I love the richness of this colour for Christmas. The same poinsettia arrangement was stamped twice more on a seperate piece of Basic White card-stock and holly leaves were stamped in Garden Green Classic Stampin' ink. There was an infill stamp for the leaves that was stamped in second generation stamping, ie stamping off first.


The poinsettias on the seperate piece of card-stock were coloured with Stampin' Blends, ie Flirty Flamingo, Cherry Cobbler and the Colour Lifter. The poinsettias were fussy cut, as was the tiny holly leaves. Some gold threads that came from a piece of disassembled Cherry Cobbler & Gold ribbon were adhered to the card front and the poinsettias and holly leaves were arranged over it. Champagne Basic Rhinestone Jewels were added to the centre of each layered poinsettia.


Both the card inner and a C6 Basic White Envelope were masked and the same blending and stamping were added to an edge of each to tie them in with the card front design.


Thank you so much for spending time with me on my blog.

If you are in Australia, don't already have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and would like your own copy of Stampin' Up's 2021-2022 Annual Catalogue and or the July - December Mini Catalogue then let me know and I will be delighted to send them to you. Also, please don't hesitate to make contact with any other queries about these projects or Stampin' Up!. 

To continue with the blog hop, click on the "onto the next" graphic below to be taken to the blog of the very special Kate Morgan. I always look forward to checking out Kate's creations together with everyone else's. 

Hope to see you next week for another AWHT Heart of Christmas Blog Hop. There is so much Christmas inspiration to share using Stampin' Up!'s products and preparing early for  Christmas will minimize some of the stresses of the silly season. Also, don't forget the weekly Colour Creations Blog Hop by the Art with Heart Team that launches every Wednesday at 8.00pm AEST.

Stay well, stay safe and be kind to yourself and others.

Andrea XXX


As mentioned, it is always a delight to see everyone's creations and the way they each use the amazing Stampin' Up! products. I am sure there will be gorgeous Christmas projects on show. Don't miss checking out each blog. 

If at any time you find a broken link and the next blog doesn’t come up or you started part way through, please head to the blog of this week’s delightful host for the Heart of Christmas Blog HopSharon Davern, and she will have the list of all Art With Heart Team members who are participating in this blog hop. Check out her beautiful creation while you are there.


#heartofchristmas #heartofchristmas2021 #awhtheartofchristmas

10 comments:

  1. Oh Andrea what a fantastic effect with a really cool effect. I love how the 2 cards look so different – I might have to give this a go myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun technique, that sparks all sorts of ideas! The colours you have used on both cards are beautiful, Andrea. I especially love the richness of the poinsettia card. It is really eye-catching; I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your cards Andrea!! This technique looks fantastic and I love the stamp sets you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great technique - I love how the sponged area widens as it runs away to the left. Or does it narrow as it climbs to the right? Either way, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea this is one of my favourite techniques and you have done it exquisitely. I love your very organic shapes and colour palettes. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love the masking and sponging technique in your card and that it widens or narrows. I think I really love the the poinsettia one the most but I love the other one as well. Just gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea, this technique looks amazing! You seem to pick up new techniques and perfect them immediately. I adore those gorgeous rich, poinsettia flowers just scream Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these are beautiful cards. I love this technique and how you have done it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a unique technique Andrea and I do love the softness of your first card

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two gorgeous cards Andrea. Such a great technique, and I love your two examples very much.
    I love them both equally and couldn’t choose a favourite if asked. I think I might give this technique a try myself. Thank you for sharing your beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting.

AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop #50 Tahitian Tide

Tahitian Tide with Sweet Songbirds and Seaside Bay Hello. Welcome to  Valley Inspirations with Andrea  and the  Art with Heart Colour Creati...