Art with Heart Wow Tutorials

Monday 3 October 2022

AWH Heart of Christmas #14

Heart of Christmas Blog Hop: Caroling Mice

Hello. Welcome to Valley Inspirations with Andrea and the Art with Heart Team Heart of Christmas Blog Hop for 2022. 

So glad you are joining us for our fourteenth 2022 Heart of Christmas Blog Hop. I have had a lot of fun creating a card using the host Christmas set from Stampin’ Up!s July-December Mini Catalogue. Here is my card:


As I was planning this card I saw this week’s Just Add Ink challenge to use Sweet Sorbet, Parakeet Party and Starry Sky on a project so thought I would use those colours to colour the caroling mice. However, as I was colouring with the images with my Stampin’ Blends I realised I wanted to include other colours on my project and lightly colour the glass in the street lights and also colour my mice and so I gave up the idea of submitting the card in the Just Add Ink Challenge. Ah well, there will be another opportunity.


The images were stamped in Momento Black ink on Basic White card-stock and then coloured with a range of Stampin’ Blends, including Sweet Sorbet, Parakeet Party, Starry Sky, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Gray Granite, Smoky Slate, Pool Party, Petal Pink combos as well as the Colour Lifter. All the images were fussy cut.


Basic white card-stock was embossed with one of the Charming Landscapes Embossing Folders. The embossing doesn’t show well in the photos but is lovely in real life. A little Pool Party Classic Stampin’ ink was lightly blended over the sky. The background panels were mounted on another Hostess product, the Celebrate Everything Designer Series Paper. Another piece of Basic White card-stock was cut with the stitched clouds Basic Boarders die. My concept was to use it to give a sense of bushes and so a little Soft Sea Foam ink was blended over the panel with a Blending Brush to add some very light colour. I didn’t was the background to compete with the brightly coloured mice.


The same process was undertaken for the front 2 half panels.


The same Granny Apple Green DSP was also mounted on the back of the middle panel as this would show from the front when the card was closed.


As I had “some issues” loosing things during the creative process, including mis-placing the front embossed panel, one of the coloured fussy cut trees, and the pack of In Colour twine, I lost time searching. I had in mind that the sentiment would be “Let heaven and nature sing” from the Perched In A Tree stamp set but my eye spied a “Merry Christmas” on my work table so it was fussy cut and added with Mini Dimensionals. I also found a double bow tied with White Bakers Twine and as the In Colour twine was hiding amongst products from Friday’s Craft Class. The White bow made its way under the sentiment. It isn’t adhered with a Glue Dot as yet in case when the In Colour twine is turns up I decide to swap the bow around. The card was finished with some Adhesive-backed Stars.


The back panel of the card is to be used for writing a personal message. A Basic White piece of card-stock was mounted on the same DSP design and a little tree was stamped a corner in Momento Black ink.


A Basic White C6 Envelope was also stamped with the little tree to coordinate with the card.


Thank you so much for dropping in. I so appreciate your visit.

It is always a delight to see everyone's creations in the Blog Hop and I am sure there will be gorgeous Christmas projects on show so don't miss checking out each blog. To continue with the blog hop, click the "onto the next" graphic below to be taken to the blog of the lovely Christine Blain. I always look forward to checking out Christine’s creations together with everyone else's. 

Don't forget the weekly Colour Creations Blog Hop by the Art with Heart Team launches every Wednesday at 8.00pm AEST. 

Stay well, stay safe and be kind to yourself and others.

Andrea XXX


If at any time you find a broken link and the next blog doesn’t come up or you started part way through, please head to the blog of our Heart of Christmas Blog Hop Host, the very special Sharon Davern, and she will have the list of all Art With Heart Team members who are participating in this blog hop with their links. Check out her beautiful creation while you are there.

If you are in Australia, don't already have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and would like your own copy of Stampin' Up's 2022-2023 Annual Catalogue and or the July - December Mini Catalogue then let me know and I will be delighted to send them to you. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any other queries about this project or Stampin' Up!. Don’t forget on October 4th Stampin’ Up! Will not be charging for postage & packaging. It’s a great time to place an order.

#heartofchristmas #heartofchristmas2022  #awhtheartofchristmas #Stampin'Up! #stampinupaustralia #stampinupsouthpacific #stampinupdemo  #handmadecards #makeacardsendacard #stampinupdemonstrator #papercrafting #artwithheartteam  #papercrafter  #stamper  #valleyinspirations #Carolingmice

8 comments:

  1. Oh, how adorable! I don't think I've seen this stamp set used yet, and now I wonder why. It's fabulous, and the images totally suit your wonderful fancy fold card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours, love your colouring, love the fancy fold. This is an adorable card, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, you've created a delightful scene on this gorgeous card - and it looks like you had a whole lot of fun, doing so! I love all the details, including the embossed background, and the "cloud" border used to create bushes. Your card looks great both closed and open; a really lovely creation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Andrea, this is THE Sweetest card!! I love your colouring, and the way you have arranged the images! Too cute!!!
    I would still enter your project in JAI because you have featured the main colours as requested!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adorable card Andrea. Gorgeous colouring of your very sweet carolers and your little bushes are a clever idea. Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok I am sorry but this is the most adorable, cutest card! I love it! Love that you have put it on a fancy fold and the perfect one for the the mice! and all the details you have put in your card plus your gorgeous colouring! LOVE LOVE LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an adorable card, Andrea. Those little mice are beautifully coloured and fussy cut to perfection. This is a great fancy fold design for your carolling scene. Despite your little issues loosing things, we would never have known, but I know that feeling too well LOL. Gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea I am now convinced that I need to come to Adelaide so that you can teach me how to colour with Stampin' Blends as your coloured mice are perfect and truly the best colouring I have seen. And then I read that your fussy cut them out as well. I bow before the queen!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting.

AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop #46 Smoky Slate

Smoky Slate with Magnolia Mood Hello. Welcome to  Valley Inspirations with Andrea  and the  Art with Heart Colour Creations Blog Hop.  We ar...