Art with Heart Wow Tutorials

Wednesday 18 January 2023

AWHT Colour Creations #36 Pear Pizzazz

Pear Pizzazz with Fancy Flora

Hello. Welcome to Valley Inspirations with Andrea and the Art with Heart Colour Creations Blog Hop. We are working though the Stampin' Up! colours in alphabetical order, focussing on one colour each week.



This week’s Blog Hop is focussing on a somewhat muted green called Pear Pizzazz. Pear Pizzazz is part of the Subtles Colour Family and is a colour that is lovely when used for leaves, trees, fruit (pears & apples) etc and coordinates with so many colours. It makes me think of certain gum leaves.


Pear Pizzazz 
is
 produced in Stampin' Up!'s card-stock, both A4 & 12"x12"Classic Stampin' inks (ink pads re-inkers); Stampin' Write Markers; Subtles Designer Series Paper as well as Day at the Farm, Flowering Fields (Clearance Rack), Subtles (Clearance Rack) DSPs; plus For Everything Fancy Sequins.

Pear Pizzazz card-stock, ink and For Everything Fancy Sequins have been used in this project plus a range of non-Pear Pizzazz bits and pieces. Here is my card:

A personally created card is perfect to say “happy birthday” to someone special.

I love Pear Pizzazz. While muted, there is also a clarity about this colour. I initially thought of using So Saffron & Flirty Flamingo flowers but when I tried it I decided to stretch myself and try something different. I really love this combination of Pear Pizzazz with Fresh Freesia and Blackberry Bliss. What do you think?

A personally created card is perfect to say “happy birthday” to someone special.

I started by creating a background water-colour panel using Pear Pizzazz Classic Stampin' ink, Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper and the large flat Water Painter. I used the wet on wet water-colour technique creating a panel with stronger colour near the top and fading out further down the panel. I didn't want a perfectly blended ombre effect but rather some watercolour patchiness. The Two-Tone Flora panel die was used to cut a Basic White card-stock panel to layer over the water-coloured panel. I also cut a Pear Pizzazz card-stock base that would be a tad larger than the die cut panel.

When adhering the panels together with the card base, I thought I would run it through my Cut 'n Emboss Machine to ensure the watercolour panel was adhered flat. However, the die cut panel was really squished flat as well which took away some of the subtle dimension/ texture/shading. I was sooo disappointed and will need to re-think my process in the future.

A personally created card is perfect to say “happy birthday” to someone special.

A range of flowers were stamped onto Basic White card-stock using the Two-Tone Flora stamp set. This is two step stamping with a background stamp and a detailed stamp adding deeper floral details. The stamp set contains 5 different flowers although I have only used 3 different flowers on this card. I needed to practice a little to discover the best stamping formula for me. For me it seemed easier to stamp the background stamp first in a lighter colour and then aligned the central stamens and certain edges to ensure the detailed darker colour stamped correctly. There are 2 different types of leaves - while I stamped out both, I ended up only using the multi-leaf twigs.

A personally created card is perfect to say “happy birthday” to someone special.

The flowers & leaves were arranged. I tried adding a bow in all sorts of ways (see one of the rejected bows in a photo above) but eventually ended up not using a bow at all. I do like adding some ribbon or twine to my projects but there are times when it really doesn't add to the project. Hmm, it did take me a while to come to that conclusion. 😜

A personally created card is perfect to say “happy birthday” to someone special.

The card was finished with a sentiment from the Something Fancy stamp set that was white heat embossed on Pear Pizzazz card-stock. Some of the green For Everything Fancy Sequins were added for a subtle touch of sparkle. There is a gorgeous range of sequin shapes & colours with little pearls. They are so beautiful.

A personally created card is perfect to say “happy birthday” to someone special.

The card inner is very simple here. Pear Pizzazz leaves were added at the bottom of a Basic White card-stock panel. Two left over two-tone flowers were adhered to the right side of a C6 Basic White Envelope. Very simple additions have brought coordination.

A personally created card is perfect to say “happy birthday” to someone special.

Thank you so much for calling by.

A personally created card is perfect to say “happy birthday” to someone special.

There is more Pear Pizzazz creativity. Don't miss out - to continue with the blog hop, click the  "onto the next" graphic below and be taken to the blog of the lovely and talented Tina Gillespie
I always look forward to checking out Tina’s creations. I do love seeing everyones' projects - there is always inspiration.

I hope to see you next week, when we will be featuring Petal Pink, one of the Subtles Colour family, as we continue the weekly 2022-2023 Colour Creations Blog Hops.  

Stay well, stay safe and be kind to yourself and others.

Andrea 💕🐾


If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the full list of participants on Catherine Proctor’s blog @ What Cathy Made. Cathy is our  Art With Heart Team Colour Creations Coordinator.  She is an amazing lady. Check out her delightful creation while you are there.

If you live in Australia, don't already have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and would like your own copy of Stampin' Up's 2022-2023 Annual Catalogue and or the new January - April 2023 Mini Catalogue and Sale-abration Brochure then let me know and I will be delighted to send them to you.  Please don't hesitate to make contact with any other queries about this project or Stampin' Up!. 

#colourcreationsbloghop  #stampinup #stampinupaustralia #stampinupsouthpacific #stampinupdemo  #handmadecards #makeacardsendacard #stampinupdemonstrator #papercrafting #artwithheartteam  #papercrafter  #stamper  #valleyinspirations   #fancyflora  #somethingfancy #twotoneflora

6 comments:

  1. Andrea, I agree with you that the colour combination of Pear Pizzazz with Fresh Freesia and Blackberry Bliss is fabulous. However, I disagree with your disappointment re your card front - I think it looks like letterpress and is simply sunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card and great use of lovely techniques. That flower die is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Andrea. I hear your frustration when things don't go to plan, with the ribbon and the adhering of your layers. I had to giggle, as that is usually my predicament! I love the ombre watercoloured back ground behind the beautiful intricate floral die cut, and your flower colours are beautiful and soft tones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea your choice of floral colours complements Pear Pizzazz beautifully. Love how the green watercolour wash provides a soft backdrop to the die cut layer giving focus to the leaves and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful, Andrea! The purple flowers were the perfect choice to layer over Pear Pizzazz. I use my 'F' clear block to help with the adhering of layers on my cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The purples are the perfect choice, for the flowers, Andrea ... they look so beautiful with Pear Pizzazz. I love the detail of the die-cut overlay, on your watercoloured background. Your card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting.

AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop #49 Sweet Sorbet

Sweet Sorbet with Dainty Delight & Paper Florist Hello. Welcome to  Valley Inspirations with Andrea  and the  Art with Heart Colour Crea...