Art with Heart Wow Tutorials

Wednesday 4 October 2023

AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop #23 Flirty Flamingo

Flirty Flamingo with Winter Meadow [and Stargazing]

Hello. Welcome to Valley Inspirations with Andrea and the Art with Heart Colour Creations Blog Hop. We are working though the Stampin' Up! colours in alphabetical order, focussing on one colour each week.


This week’s Blog Hop is focussing on a pink called Flirty Flamingo. Flirty Flamingo is one of the Brights Colour Family and is a mid pink. This colour would be lovely for flowers, “all pinky things,  and oh so much more ….


Flirty Flamingo is produced in Stampin' Up!'s card-stock, both A4 & 12"x12"Classic Stampin' inks (ink pads, ink spot re-inkers); Stampin' Write Marker; Stampin' Blends Combo; Watercolor Pencils; Soft Pastels; Brights Designer Series Paper as well as Stargazing, Beary Christmas, Les Shoppes, Hello, Irrestible, Merry, Bold & Bright DSP; Beary Christmas Memories & More cards & envelopes; Beary Christmas Memories & More cards; Festive Tags kit, Kindness Cards Kit, Confetti Birthday Kit, Love This Memory Notebook kit; plus Loose Frosted Dots and Loose Daisy embellishments.

Create a Christmas wreath with non-traditional colours, featuring Flirty Flamingo, Old Olive and Silver and Stampin’ Up!s Magical Meadow’s stamps and dies.

Flirty Flamingo ink, card-stock, Stampin’ Write Marker, Stampin’ Blends Combo and Loose Frosted Dots have been used in the creation of this project plus a range of non-Flirty Flamingo bits and pieces.

I have two cards planned for this blog but unexpected happenings stole time and I am only part way through the second card. I have the water-colour background finished but yet to finish the rest of the creating process.  I will show you the background below and hopefully finish the card in the next few days.

Christmas Card

Create a Christmas wreath with non-traditional colours, featuring Flirty Flamingo, Old Olive and Silver and Stampin’ Up!s Magical Meadow’s stamps and dies.

I had thought of my Christmas card being a bonus as I am still desperate to build my Christmas card stash and my key card was to be the Constellation card, but I haven’t been feeling fantastic so yesterday thought I would relax with some colouring and fussy cutting which led me to I create the Christmas card first.

Create a Christmas wreath with non-traditional colours, featuring Flirty Flamingo, Old Olive and Silver and Stampin’ Up!s Magical Meadow’s stamps and dies.

The Basic White card-stock background was embossed with the Merry Melody 3D embossing folder. This was mounted to a Flirty Flamingo card base. As I was making a wreath card a Basic White circular disc was cut using a Deckled Circle die. It was added with Dimensionals to the centre of the card base.

Create a Christmas wreath with non-traditional colours, featuring Flirty Flamingo, Old Olive and Silver and Stampin’ Up!s Magical Meadow’s stamps and dies.

The berry spray stamp from the Magical Meadow stamp set was stamped multiple times both in Flirty Flamingo and Old Olive Classic Stampin’ inks. Half of the Old Olive images were stamped off to give some variety of the colour. Then the berries were further coloured with the Flirty Flamingo Blends combo and some highlights were added with a White Watercolor pencil. The Old Olive images had a little Shaded Spruce and Old Olive added via Stampin’ Blends. It may be hard to discern the added dimension to the stamped images but I think the extra colouring was worth the effort. All the images were fussy cut. Yes, they could have been cut with the coordinating dies, but as mentioned, I needed to sit and as I was going to be fussy cutting the Flirty Flamingo berries away from the leaves I thought I would fussy cut it all. (I know, I can hear “you have to be kidding”.) As I was fussy cutting the berries, I stuck them onto the Old Olive images, with the lower berry being adhered directly and the upper two berries added with a Mini Dimensional each.

Create a Christmas wreath with non-traditional colours, featuring Flirty Flamingo, Old Olive and Silver and Stampin’ Up!s Magical Meadow’s stamps and dies.

The berry sprays were arranged around the deckled circle. While you don’t see that there is a circular label, it makes it so much easier to lay the pieces into a round wreath. Pine twigs were cut from Silver Foil using one of the Magical Meadow dies. I had a piece of Gray Granite card-stock that I had lightly covered with Shimmery Embossing Paste. It had been left over from creating Monday’s projects, so I cut a few berry sprays using another die from the same die set. This time all the wreath pieces were adhered with Glue Dots - it was so easy and no sticky mess.

Create a Christmas wreath with non-traditional colours, featuring Flirty Flamingo, Old Olive and Silver and Stampin’ Up!s Magical Meadow’s stamps and dies.

I had thought an adding a separate sentiment but decided it would be nicer to stamp directly into the centre - a big mistake!!! I didn’t realise my Gray Granite ink pad needed re-inking so was devastated when the sentiment didn’t stamp clearly. I cut a smaller Basic White deckled circle and silver Heat embossed it with the sentiment before adhering the disc into the centre of the wreath. There is always a way to overcome a mistake.  A few Flirty Flamingo splatters were added with a Stampin’ Write Marker. White Iridescent Ribbon was cut into 3 lengthwise with one piece being folded into a double bow. A piece of Silver Elegant Trim was tied into a bow around the ribbon bow. This was tucked under part of the wreath. Flirty Flamingo Loose Frosted Gems were scattered around to add extra sparkle.

Create a Christmas wreath with non-traditional colours, featuring Flirty Flamingo, Old Olive and Silver and Stampin’ Up!s Magical Meadow’s stamps and dies.

A Basic White card inner was stamped along one edge with the berry spray in Flirty Flamingo ink. A thin strip of Silver Foil was added over the stamping to the edge. While I love making coordinating envelopes, being time poor at present I stamped a 6”x6” square envelope that I already had, with the same berry stamp but this time in Old Olive ink.

Create a Christmas wreath with non-traditional colours, featuring Flirty Flamingo, Old Olive and Silver and Stampin’ Up!s Magical Meadow’s stamps and dies.

Constellation Card

As promised, here is the water-coloured background created with Flirty Flamingo, Melon Mambo, Blackberry Bliss and Night of Navy inks. As mentioned on Monday, I was inspired to give this technique a go after watching Kaitlyn Zumbach, a Stampin’ Up! designer, demonstrate “how to” during her guest spot in The Crafty Carrot Co’s September series. I started with Flirty Flamingo ink, Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper and the wide brush Water Painter. Melon Mambo, Blackberry Bliss and Night of Navy inks were also added. Doesn’t the added White Craft ink splatters look like sparkling stars. I needed to add some Wink of Stella as well to give it some real sparkle. (The sparkle doesn’t show in the photo.)


Hopefully it won’t be too long before I will be able to add the finished card.

Thanks so much for calling in to check out how I used Flirty Flamingo. I so appreciate it. xxx

Create a Christmas wreath with non-traditional colours, featuring Flirty Flamingo, Old Olive and Silver and Stampin’ Up!s Magical Meadow’s stamps and dies.

There is more Flirty Flamingo creativity so do continue with the blog hop. Just click the "next" graphic below to be taken to the blog of my friend, the lovely Rachel PalmieriI am looking forward to checking out Rachel’s creation. I do love seeing everyones' projects - there is always so much inspiration.

I do hope to see you next week when we will be featuring Fresh Freesia as we continue the weekly 2023-2024 Colour Creations Blog Hop series

Stay well, stay safe and be kind to yourself and others.

Andrea 💕🐾

If you find a broken link or would like to view the full list of participants go to Catherine Proctor’s blog @ What Cathy Made. Cathy is our wonderful Art With Heart Team Colour Creations Coordinator.  She is a special lady. Check out her delightful creation while you are there.

If you live in Australia, don't already have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and would like your own copy of the Stampin' Up 2023-2024 Annual Catalogue and or the September-December Mini Catalogue , then let me know and I will be delighted to send them to you.  Please don't hesitate to make contact with any other queries about these projects or Stampin' Up!. 


#colourcreationsbloghop  #stampinup #stampinupaustralia #stampinupsouthpacific #stampinupdemo  #handmadecards #makeacardsendacard #stampinupdemonstrator #papercrafting #artwithheartteam  #papercrafter  #valleyinspirations   #magicalmeadow     #stargazing #thecraftycarrotcosept2023

5 comments:

  1. Andrea, I never would have known you made a mistake with the stamping if you hadn't told us! I love how different these berries look stamped in Flirty Flamingo - what a stunning Christmas wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa will definitely be saying (or at least thinking) "you have to be kidding!", about fussy-cutting all those berries and leaves, Andrea! LOL. I am super-impressed with your patience. All that effort paid off, as the wreath is utterly gorgeous. I love the foliage you added (how good do the frosty Gray Granite "bits" look?!). Really beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine how therapeutic all that fussy cutting was Andrea, and what a wonderful result. Flirty Flamingo berries are such a pretty soft colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those berries in Flirty Flamingo are stunning, Andrea. I did giggle at your comment about fussy cutting, but I too agree that sometimes you just want to sit and fussy cut. This card is so gorgeous, so many layers and pieces carefully added to your wreath. Using a deckled circle die is clever to get that perfect wreath. Can't wait to see your finished card with that amazing watercoloured piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea! Your wreath card is spectacular! I can't believe that you fussy cut it all. I hope you're feeling better x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting.

AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop #1 Peach Pie

Peach Pie with Easter Lilies Hello. Welcome to  Valley Inspirations with Andrea  and the  Art with Heart Colour Creations Blog Hop. This wee...