Art with Heart Wow Tutorials

Sunday 8 September 2024

CASEing the Catty #486 CASE Sept-Dec Mini Catalogue

CASE THE MINI CATALOGUE meets Frosted Forrest


Hello, Welcome to Valley Inspirations with Andrea and #486 Challenge with CASEing the Catty.


I am so glad you have dropped by. You may have come from Rochelle Laird-Smith, as you take this week’s Blog Hop or perhaps come another way; either way I am delighted you are here. At the end of this blog, I have linked to Judy May so you can continue with the Blog Hop.

At CASEing the Catty we love to use the samples from the Stampin' Up! Catalogues as inspiration and each week we have a different theme to guide our CASEing. To CASE is to "Copy And Selectively Edit" or some say "Copy And Share Everything". This week we are CASE-ing any project from the new September-December 2024 Stampin' Up! Mini Catalogue.


It was hard to choose a card to CASE from the new Catalogue. There are so many gorgeous and inspiring ideas in the new September-December 2024 Mini Catalogue. I eventually chose a card from page 42 showing the Decorative Trees bundle. I was intrigued by the Crumb Cake card in the lower left corner of the page. I must try out the tree decorations too, but that will be another day.


While I loved the Crumb Cake card base I thought I would use Basic Beige card-stock. I do adore this soft neutral. Instead of using the Decorative Trees bundle my trees are from the Frosted Forest bundle, however, I did pinch the star and garlands from the original bundle. I love the way the card front was cut diagonally top and bottom to add a bit of interest and the stamping of the sentiment across the card is a different way to add a sentiment. I stepped my card up in a couple of ways too, but more on that below.


As mentioned, I swapped the trees on Stampin’ Up!s sample card for trees from the Frosted Forest bundle. This bundle includes a set of masks to colour the trees. The masks and Blending Brushes make colouring so easy. There are 3 masks for each tree that 1) lay a lighter base colour down; 2) add depth of colour with either more of the same colour or deeper colours and 3) adding more depth or conversely add highlights. I love to play with colour so blended the first layer with Lost Lagoon and Garden Green Classic inks. The second layer was Pretty Peacock & Shaded Spruce inks, while the third layer was White Embossing Paste. The last layer works beautifully with embossing paste to add highlights or a snow effect. While the Frosted Forest bundle comes with coordinating dies I didn’t want to run the embossing paste through the Cut ‘n Emboss Machine so the trees were fussy cut.


I added some ombrĂ© blending to the background using Basic Beige ink and a Blending Brush at the bottom of the card making the colour lighter as it went up. At the top of the card base I blended White Craft ink down the card. I looked at many sentiments to stamp across the card but thought the “O Christmas Tree” was so appropriate so repeatedly stamped it in Basic Beige ink across the card front running parallel to the removed slanted sections. I love the effect.


Only the centre front tree has been decorated with Gold Foil from the Textured Metallic Speciality Papers; cut out a star as the tree topper and gold garlands. To give perspective The front tree was the bigger tree and the back trees were smaller. I couldn’t resist adding fine strips of gold foil under the slanted sections to bring a touch of gold to the background and also emphasise the slant. 


The card didn’t need any ribbon or twine - the touches of gold were enough bling … well almost. I felt the card needed something subtle, so added a few pearl sequins from the Adhesive Backed  Sequin Trio. They let the gold foil shine but just added a little extra subtle shimmer.


As you may have noticed previously, I like to include a simple coordinating card inner and envelope. An extra fussy cut tree was added near the bottom and a sentiment from Greetings of the Season stamp set was stamped in Basic Beige ink. A Basic White C6 envelope had a tree stamped in Pretty Peacock ink and a misting of Lost Lagoon ink was blended over.


Thank you so much for spending time with me. I so appreciate it. I hope you found an idea or two.  The Stampin’ Up! catalogues have so many treasures to spark ideas for your creating. x


Don’t miss any of the inspiration from this wonderful Crew. The next blog in the hop is the amazing Judy May. Just click on the "next" graphic below to be taken to her blog. I am sure her project will be gorgeous.


Join In The Challenge
: We would love you to share a project you have created that has been inspired by the new 2024 September-December Stampin' Up! Mini Catalogue. To share, all you need to do is go to the CASEing The Catty Challenge Group on Facebook. If you aren't a member, it’s easy to request to join and then all you need to do is upload a photo of your project to the main section. You can click on the graphic below to be taken to the group on Facebook. We would love to see your creation.



#ctc486  #caseingthecattychallenge  #stampinup #stampinupaustralia #stampinupsouthpacific #stampinupdemo  #handmadecards #makeacardsendacard #stampinupdemonstrator #papercrafting #papercrafter  #valleyinspirations   #greetingsoftheseason   #decorativetrees  #frostedforest  



 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Andrea! This is stuning! I love the use of the Basic Beige as your card base and then the beautiful ink blending across the front panel. The extra touches of gold make you card extra special. Thanks for sharing! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ! Just WOW!! Amazing card - loooove the multicoloured trees and the embossing paste as well. Fantastic fussy cutting, awesome gold highlights and I love the white ink blended into the beige - this looks fantastic. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting.

AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop #21 Crushed Curry

Crushed Curry with Country Birdhouse   Hello. Welcome to  Valley Inspirations with Andrea  and the  Art with Heart Colour Creations Blog Hop...