Art with Heart Wow Tutorials

Wednesday 23 October 2019

AWHT Heart of Christmas 2019 - Week 10

Thanks for dropping by. This week my Christmas card for the Heart of Christmas 2019 Blog Hop uses one of the designs in Stampin' Up's beautiful Brightly Gleaming Speciality Designer Series Paper.


This year's Brightly Gleaming Speciality Designer Series Paper (DSP) is just delightful. The seasonal images and geometric designs (which could be used for a range of purposes) have copper foil accents on one side of the paper. Stampin' Up's colours - Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, Pretty Peacock and Very Vanilla are so gorgeous when combined with copper foil. I just love, love, love this DSP, and so couldn't resist featuring it in this week's card.

Before I further introduce my card, I need to apologise for the quality of the photos in this week's blog. I have tried to improve them, but disappointedly, my efforts have had the reverse effect. I will seek advice during the week on how I can improve.  I sincerely ask for your patience this week.

Andrea Sargent, Stampin Up, Brightly Gleaming DSP, Christmas, Heart of Christmas

Andrea Sargent, Stampin Up, Brightly Gleaming DSP, Christmas, Heart of ChristmasOne of the DSP designs is made up of many, many gorgeous Christmas baubles and stars. I fussy cut many of the baubles and stars and then formed some of the baubles into a larger bauble that was framed by circles cut out of very vanilla and copper foil cardstock using the larger of the Layering Circles dies. The fussy cut stars were sprinkled around. The card front, that is both the very vanilla and copper foil cardstocks were embossed with a Subtle Embossing folder and the very vanilla cardstock was lightly sprayed with Frost White Shimmer Paint mixed with rubbing alcohol.  Star Designer Elements have been added inside the bauble and on either side of the greeting and a bow and string was made from Copper Trim. The greeting was stamped in the luscious Celestial Copper Metallic ink and came from the Shine Bright stamp set.

Here is a close up of the card's bauble.


I so love adding some matching design elements in the card centre. I included a fussy cut bauble and some stars, plus a thin strip of copper foil. The inside greeting came from the Light & Peace stamp set.

The wonderful Claire Daly is hosting the Heart of Christmas 2019 blog hop this week – to check out the team’s festive creations you can visit Claire’s page by clicking here. She has the links to all this week's blog hoppers where you will find a heap of inspiration.

Thanks for dropping by and taking time to check out my blog. I've loved sharing with you 💕🐾



8 comments:

  1. Hey Andrea, great to see you joining in the blog hop again! We can certainly help you with your photos. That's a super clever little bauble you have there. Thanks for playing along in week 10 of Heart of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Andrea. Love all the details you have included.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, what a stunning design. I love the way your decorations fit into the bauble design, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great design Andrea. I love your detail on the indie of your card too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your card Andrea! What a great idea to cut out the baubles to make another larger one. The details in your card are just beautiful and multifaceted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Andrea, you have more patients then my to fussy cut out all those ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Andrea, what a gorgeous card design! How clever to fussy-cut those little ornaments from the DSP - I just love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous Andrea and I admire not only your skill at fussy cutting but also your patience.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting.

AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop #49 Sweet Sorbet

Sweet Sorbet with Dainty Delight & Paper Florist Hello. Welcome to  Valley Inspirations with Andrea  and the  Art with Heart Colour Crea...