Art with Heart Wow Tutorials

Wednesday 16 October 2019

AWHT_HOCWk9

So glad you are visiting Valley Inspirations on this, the second time I've been a part of the Art with Heart Team "Heart of Christmas 2019" blog hop. I appreciate you taking the time to check out my blog.

Heart of Christmas 2019



Tidings All Around

Christmas is such a special time of year. When I think of Christmas, one of the things that comes to mind is a beautiful Wreath hanging on the front door.  As I was designing tonight's card using Stampin' Up's Tidings All Around bundle, which focusses on a Christmas wreath, I pondered its symbolism.  After a little Googling, I believe that the wreath symbolises eternity because its circular shape has no beginning and no end. From a Christian perspective it represents an unending circle of life, and the evergreen aspect, most frequently used in making wreathes, symbolises growth and everlasting life. I'm someone who likes to understand the background of something - so I find this interesting.  Enough musing, now to the Chrissy card.

This week's card combines a number of styles and products that I warm my heart.  One of the styles I love to play with is a clean, uncluttered look.  I also enjoy using embossing folders to give interest with a tone on tone subtle effect; as well as add touches of sparkle and perhaps some ribbon. And this year, Stampin' Up's Brightly Gleaming Speciality Designer Series Paper (DSP) for Christmas is so sumptuous - a strip of one of the designs has been included. Here is my card:

Andrea Sargent, Stampin Up, Holiday Catalogue 2019, Tidings all around, All-around Wreath, Celestial Copper, Brightly Gleaming



The Tidings All Around stamp set and the matching All-Around Wreath dies provide a delightful wreath and a range of greetings.   The wreath (stamped in Pretty Peacock) provides a gorgeous base which can be decorated. I've added gorgeous little sprigs and twigs from the set of dies that have been cut from copper foil card stock and tied together with copper trim. Rhinestones, coloured with a bronze Blends to give them a copper tinge, were placed around the wreath in a number of groupings of 3 to add a little Christmas sparkle.  The Blends are Stampin' Up's alcohol markers.  (Its a pity that my photos don't pick up the sparkle that shimmer when light catches them. Bye the way, I hope you will see an improvement in my photos over time - I'm quite a novice in photography and am on a steep learning curve. Please be patient.)

I also used the copper trim to blend the upper piece of whisper white card stock (that was embossed with the Subtle embossing folder) and the decadent Brightly Gleaming Speciality DSP.  I so love the combination of copper and Pretty Peacock (a rich deep blue/green - the more I use this colour, the more I love it).  Carrying the copper theme across the card, the greeting was stamped in the new Delicata metallic ink, Celestial Copper - its such a gorgeous ink (yes, I love it too).

I like to add some design elements from the front of the card to the card inner and the envelope. This week a thin strip of matching DSP and a coordinating spray of leaves and twigs from the stamp set decorate the inner and this same spray also has been stamped on the envelope in Pretty Peacock ink. A snippet of the envelope can be seen in the first photo, above.  This card inner is reminiscent of my early years, (yes it was a loooong time ago) when the special and expensive cards usually had a seperate and finer paper as the inner. I've used a good quality printer paper (sometimes I use vellum, depending on the style I am wanting to communicate).


The special Claire Daly is back hosting the Heart of Christmas 2019 blog hop this week – to check out the team’s festive creations you can visit Claire’s page by clicking here. She has the links to all this week's blog hoppers where you will find lots of inspiration.

Thanks for dropping by. I've loved sharing with you. 💕🐾


8 comments:

  1. Andrea I'm so glad you are blog hopping with us and I love your clean, uncluttered look xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card, Andrea. The combo of white, peacock and copper is spectacular, and you've utilised it well on your gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful wreath card, so lovely! Great to see you hopping with us again this week for Heart of Christmas Week 9!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Andrea. I particularly like the colour scheme and the way you have combined elements from very different bundles. They work so well together......and I do love a wreath. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, Andrea, I especially love the foil sprigs behind the copper bow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is just beautiful Andrea I really love it! I love the sentiment and the colour scheme is just gorgeous! I think it is hard to do clean uncluttered card sometimes and do it well but you always pull it off so nicely. I love your ponderings on the meaning behind the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely elegant card Andrea, it is very regal looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautifully designed card Andrea. A lovely clean and elegant look.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting.

AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop #49 Sweet Sorbet

Sweet Sorbet with Dainty Delight & Paper Florist Hello. Welcome to  Valley Inspirations with Andrea  and the  Art with Heart Colour Crea...