Art with Heart Wow Tutorials

Wednesday 9 October 2019

So Many Stars & Bubble Technique

Hi, thanks for checking out my blog and my contribution to the Art with Heart Team “Heart of Christmas 2019’ blog hop. This is my first time being part of this blog hop - or any blog hop for that matter.  Here we go ...

Heart of Christmas 2019 - Week 8


Stars, and especially the star followed by the Wise Men, are a special part of Christmas. For this week’s blog hop I chose to feature Stampin Up’s “So Many Stars” bundle. The images in the stamp set and “Stitched Stars” dies are gorgeous and there is so much potential. Also, I recently saw someone prepare a background using the bubble technique and thought it would be great to give it a try to create a Sky background. Here is the card I created:


I did find inspiration from a card shown in the current Stampin' Up “Holiday Catalogue” (pg 3), but changed the background technique as well as various colours, card stock, greetings and accessories.



Creating the background using bubbles was so much fun. I felt I was connecting with my inner child as I blew bubbles from soapy water coloured with our ink refills and then scooped the bubbles on to whisper white card stock. Watching the bubbles disappear and leave colour where the bubbles had been was amazing - I can find joy in all sorts of crafty places. No background will be the same as another. I used Seaside Spray, Pacific Point and Night Of Navy with some Rococo Rose as the colours for my Sky background. Once the background had dried thoroughly, I stamped tiny stars over the background in Versamark and then sprinkled it with Shimmer White emboss powder. Heat setting the emboss powder is another process that gives me a buzz. I love watching the dry powder turn into shiny raised lines and seeing this powder turn shimmery white on the bubble background was certainly a buzz.


Also, I made this background at the same time. It’s lighter and shows more of the Rococo Rose. Before the paper had fully dried I embossed it with a different form of embossing that used the “Swirls & Curls” embossing folder which embedded a swirly design across the background.

Inside the card I stamped a different greeting and a few stars.


There are lovely cards in this week’s Heart of Christmas 2019 blog hop. Click here to head to Tina Gillespie’s blog. Her blog has links to all the other blog hoppers.

Thanks for dropping by.


10 comments:

  1. Oh I love your card Andrea, and I love this song at Christmas time too! What a great background technique, it really is a great look! Hope you have enjoyed your first blog hop, I have enjoyed your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that background looks amazing! I will certainly have to try out that technique! Your card is stunning. I'm so glad you joined in with the fun of the Blog Hops :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Andrea - I love it! I love all of the sparkly stars and especially the background you created. I haven't tried this technique yet so I'm definitely going to now that I've seen your card. And it's lovely to have you joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, your first blog hop. Congratulations! Your card is beautiful. That background technique is amazing. I love how you have captured the joy of creating this card in your writing. That's what it is all about. So great to have you joining us on blog hops lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Andrea, why did you take so long to share your beautiful creations with us. Your card is so lovely, well done on your first blog hop and may it be the first of many more to come xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Andrea. The background is a fabulous backdrop for your embellishments. So glad you've taken this leap. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Andrea, I love your bubble card - what a very cool effect it gives, I must try it one day. The stars embossed on the background are beautiful, especially with the die cut ones over the top. Well done on your first ever blog hop too, can't wait to see your next one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Andrea. I love your card, in particular, the colour scheme. Thanks for sharing the bubble technique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Andrea, I love the effects. I'm glad you have joined us all here in Blog-Hop world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Andrea, I just love the look of this technique and the colours are a favourite of mine. Welcome to your first blog hop and I hop there will be plenty to come!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting.

AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop #50 Tahitian Tide

Tahitian Tide with Sweet Songbirds and Seaside Bay Hello. Welcome to  Valley Inspirations with Andrea  and the  Art with Heart Colour Creati...