Hello. Welcome to Valley Inspirations with Andrea and to the 3rd Colour Creations Showcase with members of the Art with Heart Team. Each week we are heroing one of Stampin' Up!s colours and over the coming year we will work through all current colours, that is all the colours in the colour families, ie Subtles, Brights, Regals and Neutrals; plus the In Colours, for 2019-2021 & 2020-2022. I hope you have been enjoying all the projects that have been inspired by this week's colour - 'Bermuda Bay'.
I have created two cards to share with you this week. They both are based on the same layout, but images and colours used with Bermuda Bay are different. There were plans for a couple of other card designs but time has disappeared. So many ideas - so little time.😉 Here are my cards focussing on Bermuda Bay:
Both cards have a background piece of Bermuda Bay card-stock 9cm wide that spans from top to bottom of the landscape card base. The sentiment for both cards were stamped onto Bermuda Bay card-stock and fussy-cut. I love Bermuda Bay as a colour. It's one of Stampin' Up!s "Brights" family. I often use it with Pool Party and Coastal Cabana as they all have a similar hue, though varying intensity of colour. As their names suggest, they are great for watery images. While one of the designs planned (but not completed) would have used Bermuda Bay as part of a sea theme, initially I wanted to use it in a different way.
My order from the new Stampin' Up! 2020-2021 Annual Catalogue has not arrived as yet, and I don't have the new set of Brights Designer Series Paper so I created my own version of Bermuda Bay DSP by drawing lines (with a ruler) with the Bermuda Bay Stampin' Write Marker onto the centre piece of background Bermuda Bay card-stock. I varied widths between lines and didn't aim for exactness. A piece of Basic Black card-stock was cut wider than the width of the Bermuda Bay card-stock but narrower than the depth of the card front. Three labels were punched out of Whisper White card-stock using the Everyday Label punch. The labels were positioned over the Basic Black card-stock and popped up on dimensionals.
To align the card inner with the card design, I stamped part of the elephant image on the card inner and adhered a thin strip of hand-striped Bermuda Bay card-stock at the bottom.
I wanted to use a different colour scheme for the second card and decided to keep the layout the same. This time I used one of the butterflies from Butterfly Wishes, a distINKtive stamp set. The butterflies were coloured with sponge daubers using Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay and Night of Navy inks plus a touch of Granny Apple Green; with each butterfly having its own colour way. The central strip of Bermuda Bay card-stock was stamped in Whisper White Craft ink with the textured stamp from the Seaside Notions stamp set. The dark centre piece was cut from Night of Navy card-stock and this time was embossed with the Ornate Floral 3D embossing folder.
Watching the weather, I accidentally missed capturing the front-on close-up of the card, though there is a side angle to give a sense of the lift of the butterfly wings. As you can see, each butterfly was created with 2 images; the top coloured image was lifted on Dimensionals while adhered down at the body. The wings were slightly curved to give a sense of movement. This sentiment also came from the Butterfly Wishes stamp set. To finish the card a few sequins from the Woven Threads Sequin Assortment were scattered.
The butterfly was stamped in Bermuda Bay ink on the card inner and a couple of fine strips of card-stock were adhered.
You may have noticed that I usually coordinate the envelopes with the card design by stamping one of the key images onto the envelope front.
In alphabetical order, Bermuda Bay is the 3rd of Stampin' Up!s 50 colours, so there is so much more inspiration in the weeks to come. Please continue to join us over the coming weeks. The Creative Showcase goes live at 8.00pm EST each Wednesday.
The lovely Catherine Proctor is hosting the Art with Heart Colour Creations Showcase each week. If you haven't finished checking out all of the team's colour creations, you can visit/revisit Catherine's page, at What Cathy Made, where she hosts all the links to the other Showcase participants. I'm certainly looking forward to being inspired by everyone's creations.
Take care and look after yourself and your loved ones.
Looking forward to seeing you next week.
Stamps, Dies & Punches
- Butterfly Wishes stamp set - #149346
- Wildly Happy stamp set - #149408
- Seaside Notions stamp set - #149278
- Everyday Label Punch - #144668
- Black Momento ink pad - #149169
- Bermuda Bay ink pad - #147169
- Versamark ink pad - #102283
- Night of Navy ink pad - #147110
- Daffodil Delight ink pad - #147098
- Granny Apple Green ink pad - #147094
- White Craft Stampin' Pad - #147277
- Colour Lifter Stampin Blends - #144608
- Basic Black Light & Dark Stampin Blends - #154843
- Grey Granite Light & Dark Stampin Blends - #154886
- Smoky Slate Light & Dark Stampin Blends - #154904
- Petal Pink Light & Dark Stampin Blends - #154893
- Bermuda Bay Stampin' Write Marker included within Brights Stampin Write Markers - #147157
- Whisper White card-stock - #106549
- Whisper White Thick card-stock - #140490
- Bermuda Bay card-stock - #131286
- Basic Black card-stock - #121688
- Night of Navy card-stock - #147009
- C6 Whisper White envelopes - #106588
- Woven Threads Sequin Assortment - #149498
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue - #110755
- Mini Glue Dots - #103683
- Mini Stampin' Dimensionals - #144108
- Stampin' Dimensionals - #104430
- Ornate Floral 3D embossing folder - #152725
- Sponge Daubers - #133773
- Take Your Pick Tool - #144107
- Bone Folder - #102300
- Paper Snips - #103579
- Paper Trimmer - #152392
- Stamparatus - #148187
- Block D - #118485
- Block E - #118484
- Block H - #118490
- Grid Paper - #130148
- Silicone Craft Mat - #127857
- Simple Shammy - #147042
- Stampin Cut & Emboss Machine - #149653
- Magnetic Cutting Plate - #149656