Hello. Welcome to Valley Inspirations with Andrea and the Art with Heart Colour Creations Showcase. I am so glad you called in. This week we are hero-ing Cherry Cobbler, a deep cherry red which sits within Stampin' Up!s Regal collection of 10 colours.
Stampin' Up!s coordination of products is amazing, including the coordination of colours and the way a colour is taken through a range of products. As someone who likes to coordinate colours and themes, this was a key selling feature for me.
This week's project has used Cherry Cobbler card-stock, Classic Stampin' ink pad, Stampin' Blends Combo, Stampin' Write Marker and the coordinating Beaded Pearls from the Poinsettia Place Suite. Cherry Cobbler also is in: Classic Stampin' Ink Refill, Watercolour Pencil, included within a range of Designer Series Papers, the Wonder of the Season Memories and More Card pack, Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels and the Jingle Bells embellishments.
I started by embossing Whisper White card-stock using the White Embossing Paste with one of the Basic Pattern Decorative Masks and a Palette Knife. It may seem confusing as there are different forms of embossing - this technique uses a palette knife to spread the paste evenly over the mask to add a thin 3D layer in the design of the mask. I mixed a little Frost White Shimmer Paint in with the paste prior to application to add a tad of sparkle. Stampin' Up! also have a Shimmery White Embossing paste to save one the effort of mixing in the Shimmer paint. The card front was left to dry while the stamping and colouring occurred.
The poinsettia petals were stamped in Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin' ink; the range of leaves and fronds were in Pear Pizzaz Classic Stampin' ink; and the berries were in Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' ink. They were all coloured with Stampin' Blends, ie Cherry Cobbler and Melon Mambo Combos for the poinsettia and berries; Old Olive combo and Dark Granny Apple Green for the leaves, with Dark Crumb Cake for the little pine cones. The Colour Lifter was used to blend out the lighter colours and to reinforce highlights.
All the coloured pieces were die cut using the coordinating Poinsettia dies. I also fussy cut around the smaller poinsettia petals as the white boarder around the petals detracted from the flower. The die cut pieces for shaped as appropriate. The poinsettia was formed with dimensionals between each layer and the Beaded Pearls were coloured with a Dark So Saffron Stampin' Blend to convey the flower centre. Before the flower was adhered onto the embossed card front Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers were used to splatter some ink droplets and add extra interest. The leaves, fronds and berries were arranged around the poinsettia with a few pieces of the Forever Gold Laser-cut Speciality Paper.
The sentiment came from the Poinsettia Petals stamp set and was stamped in Versamark ink onto Cherry Cobbler Classic card-stock and heat embossed with White Emboss Powder. A number of Gold Metallic Pearls were added as a finishing touch. The card front was adhered onto a Cherry Cobbler card-stock card base.
A further sentiment was stamped on the Whisper White card-stock card inner in Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin' ink. A full poinsettia also was stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink and coloured with the same Stampin' Blends as used on the card front. The envelope had the poinsettia stamped in Cherry Cobbler as well.
Thank you for visiting the Valley Inspirations blog. I am delighted you spent time here. Please contact me if you would like any further information about the project; or if you live in Australia and would like either a Stamp' Up! 2020-2021 Annual Catalogue and or the August - December 2020 Mini Catalogue posted to you; or if I can help you with any purchases. This Mini Catalogue goes live on 4th August 2020. Your order can be place soon.
I hope you are enjoying this week's Colour Creations Showcase that has focused on Stampin' Up!s colour - Cherry Cobbler.
The amazing Catherine Proctor is hosting the Art with Heart Colour Creations Showcase each week. If you haven't finished checking out all of the team's colour creations, you can visit/revisit Catherine's page at What Cathy Made, where she hosts all the links to the other Showcase participants. I'm certainly looking forward to being inspired by everyone's Cherry Cobbler creations.
I hope to see you again next week when members of the Team will share projects that hero a neutral reddy tan called "Cinnamon Cider".
Look after yourself and your loved ones. Stay well, stay safe and be gentle on yourself and others.
Have a great week.
List of Products used to create these projects:
Stamps, Dies & Punches
- Poinsettia Petals stamp set - #153475
- Poinsettia dies - #153522
- Poinsettia Petals bundle - #155148
Inks & Applicators
- Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin' pad - #147083
- Pear Pizzaz Classic Stampin' pad - #147104
- Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' pad - #147116
- Stampin' Blends Combo - Cherry Cobbler - #154880
- Stampin' Blends Combo - Melon Mambo - #153112
- Stampin' Blends Combo - Old Olive - #154892
- Stampin' Blends Combo - Granny Apple Green - #154885
- Stampin' Blends Combo - Crumb Cake - #154882
- Stampin' Blends - Colour Lifter - #144608
- Regals Stampin' Write Markers - incl Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive - #147155
- Versamark ink pad - #102283
- White Stampin' Emboss Powder - #109132
- White Embossing Paste - #141979
- Frost White Shimmer Paint - #147046
- Basic Pattern Decorative Masks - #150697
- Palette Knives - #142808
- Whisper White card-stock - #106549
- Thick Whisper White card-stock - #140490
- Cherry Cobbler card-stock - #121681
- Forever Gold Laser-cut Speciality Paper - #152493
- C6 Whisper White envelopes - #106589
- Metallic Pearls - #146282
- Beaded Pearls - #153534
Tools (incl Embossing Folders)
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue - #110755
- Mini Glue Dots - #103683
- Tear & Tape Adhesive - #138995
- Mini Stampin' Dimensionals - #144108
- Stampin' Dimensionals - #104430
- Take Your Pick Tool - #144107
- Bone Folder - #102300
- Paper Snips - #103579
- Paper Trimmer - #152392
- Stamparatus - #148187
- Block C - #118486
- Block D - #118485
- Block E - #118484
- Block H - #118490
- Grid Paper - #130148
- Stampin' Pierce Mat - #126199
- Silicone Craft Mat - #127857
- Stamping Sponge - #141337
- Simple Shammy - #147042
- Heat Tool - #129056
- Stampin Cut & Emboss Machine - #149653
- Magnetic Cutting Plate - #149656
- Speciality Plate - #154711