Art with Heart Wow Tutorials

Wednesday 3 January 2024

AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop #34 Mossy Meadow

Mossy Meadow with Nature’s Sweetness and Global Design Project Entry

Hello. Welcome to Valley Inspirations with Andrea with 2 similar projects, one for the Art with Heart Colour Creations Blog Hop, where we are working though the Stampin' Up! colours in alphabetical order, focussing on one colour each week. The second project was created as part of the Global Design Project #426 Challenge.


This is our first week back after the Christmas / New Years break. This week’s Blog Hop is focussing on a deep muted green called Mossy Meadow. Mossy Meadow is part of the Neutrals Colour Family and is a wonderful green that can coordinate with so many colours. This colour is lovely for leaves, trees, and anything with a deep muted green.


Mossy Meadow is produced in Stampin' Up!'s card-stock, both A4 & 12"x12"Classic Stampin' inks (ink pads re-inkers); Stampin' Write Marker; Soft Pastels; Neutrals Designer Series Paper as well as a number of other products. 


Mossy Meadow ink has been used in the creation of this project plus a range of non-Mossy Meadow bits and pieces. I have not used a number of Mossy Meadow products but the design features luscious Mossy Meadow leaves as part of the focal image and I played with coordinating colours.


I created a simple fancy fold that has a pop out central panel to show the oh so gorgeous stamped image from the Lovely and Sweet bundle, which is part of the Nature’s Sweetness suite in the new January-April 2024 Mini Catalogue that is launching tomorrow. There are so many wonderful products in this catalogue. Do check it out. (I would be delighted to help you if you don’t have a demonstrator already). 


Here is a different angle of the fancy fold, with the photo taken from the top. On a personal note, I need to apologise for the lack of details in this blog. I have been suffering with the dreaded COVID for much of the past week. While a bit better, I am still not doing well so have struggled with creating the last couple of days. I didn’t want to miss sharing with you so have limited time to provide lots of details. I will try to fill it out over the next few days.


I have used both stamp sets and coordinating dies from the Nature’s Sweetness Suite. The sentiment came from the Notes of Nature stamp set. Both the central image and sentiment were gold heat embossed on Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper.


The leaf & flower image was water-coloured with the fine Water Painter and Mossy Meadow, Petal Pink, Calypso Coral and Gray Granite Classic Stampin’ inks. Some extra water colour paper was blended with both Petal Pink and Calypso Coral inks then liberally splattered with water and die cut with tiny flowers from the Lovely & Sweet dies.


Some of the Nature’s Sweetness Speciality Designer Series Paper was used as background, with the back pieces coloured with Petal Pink & Calypso Coral inks and Blending Brushes. I think I should have sat the focal image & sentiment on a larger label as I think the card front is a tad busy - what do you think???


The final touch was a triple Linen Twine bow and some of the new Petal Pink Foiled Gems (from the Petal Pink & Pretty Peacock Foiled Gems in the new Mini Catalogue).


A panel for writing a personal message was adhered to one back flap. It was simply Basic White card-stock decorated with a thin strip of the gold Speciality DSP and a few left over die cut water coloured flowers. 

I didn’t have time to decorate a Basic White C6 envelope. Over the next day or 2, I will try to add an extra photo including an envelope decorated with a gold embossed image and perhaps some blending.

Thank you so much for dropping by on you way around the first Colour Creations Blog Hop for 2024. I know we are a smaller group but I am sure there will still be so much Mossy Meadow inspiration. Don’t miss it.


To continue with the Mossy Meadow blog hop just click the "next" graphic below to be taken to the blog of a special lady, Kate MorganI am looking forward to checking out Kate’s creation(s). I do love seeing everyone’s' projects - there is always so much inspiration.

I do hope to see you next week when we will be featuring Night of Navy as we continue the weekly 2023-2024 Colour Creations Blog Hop series

Stay well, stay safe and be kind to yourself and others.

Andrea 💕🐾


If you find a broken link or would like to view the full list of participants go to Catherine Proctor’s blog @ What Cathy Made. Cathy is our brilliant Art With Heart Team Colour Creations Coordinator.  She is a wonderful lady. Check out her delightful creation while you are there.

If you live in Australia, don't already have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and would like your own copy of the Stampin' Up 2023-2024 Annual Catalogue and or the new January-April 2024 Mini Catalogue, then let me know and I will be delighted to send them to you.  Please don't hesitate to make contact with any other queries about this project or Stampin' Up!. 


#colourcreationsbloghop  #stampinup #stampinupaustralia #stampinupsouthpacific #stampinupdemo  #handmadecards #makeacardsendacard #stampinupdemonstrator #papercrafting #artwithheartteam  #papercrafter  #valleyinspirations   #notesofnature   #lovely&sweet  #naturessweetness

5 comments:

  1. Andrea, I'm so sorry to hear you've been suffering from Covid and I do hope you are better very soon. I actually can't believe you've created such a stunning card while sick with Covid and although the focal image & sentiment would also have worked on a larger label I think they also look wonderful just as they are xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These gorgeous products lend themselves beautifully to be used with Mossy Meadow, don't they? I love the ink blending on the splattered DSP, Andrea. I don't think the focal cluster needs to be on a bigger label; it looks lovely, as is. I hope you feel much better soon, friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe that you were so creative while you had COVID. My brain was mush! Your card is gorgeous, the feature image is so beautifully coloured. I hope you're feeling better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful Andrea and the front centrepiece is a standout against the coloured DSP background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty card, Andrea, I love the dramatic blending on the DSP and your focal image looks amazing to me. You have coloured it perfectly and I'm not sure a bigger label would be better, I think it is gorgeous they way it is. You poor love, COVID is not pleasant at all, I really hope you get better quickly with no lingering symptoms. Sending healing hugs your way xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting.

AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop #1 Peach Pie

Peach Pie with Easter Lilies Hello. Welcome to  Valley Inspirations with Andrea  and the  Art with Heart Colour Creations Blog Hop. This wee...