Art with Heart Wow Tutorials

Sunday 14 July 2024

CASEing the Catty #478 CASE Masking Project

CASE A MASKING PROJECT meets FRIENDS FOR LIFE

Hello, Welcome to Valley Inspirations with Andrea and #478 Challenge with CASEing the Catty.


I am so glad you have dropped by. You may have come from the lovely Julia Quinn, as you take this week’s Blog Hop or perhaps you have come straight here. Either way, I am delighted you are here. At the end of my blog, I have linked to Rochelle Laird-Smith so you can continue with the Blog Hop.

At CASEing the Catty we love to use the samples from the Stampin' Up! Catalogues as inspiration and each week we have a different theme to guide our CASEing. To CASE is to "Copy And Selectively Edit" or some say "Copy And Share Everything". This week we are CASE-ing a project that incorporates masking in some form found in the 2024 - 2025 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue.


There are numerous ways to mask - but whichever way you do it, you use a "mask" to add colour or perhaps embossing paste in a specific place or omit colour, ink or part of an image. Pages 124-5 of the Annual Catalogue show a number of different ways to use masking. 

For this weeks challenge I chose to create my own masks to layer colour with Blending Brushes to a background and then added some bits and pieces to finish the card.


After selecting the Friends for Life bundle for my project this week, I saw Cindy Schuster of The Crafty Carrot Co create flowers using the die cut hearts from this bundle - they were so cute and I couldn't resist CASEing this idea for my project. I so appreciate the ladies from the Crafty Carrot Co @thecraftycarrotco and continue to learn from and be inspired by these amazing people.


The Friends for Life dies include a beautiful detailed heart. I used this to die cut 3 times and created my own mask. I wanted to create a background panel using a rainbow selection of Subtle colours across the panel. I cut the 3 hearts so I could blend with the different colours and not risk picking up other colours when blending. I also covered the other hearts with a scrap while colouring one heart so inks didn't go in unwanted places.


The Classic Stampin' Inks used to colour the 3 hearts were 1. Coastal Cabana, Pool Party and Balmy Blue; 2. Balmy Blue, Fresh Freesia and Bubble Bath; 3. Bubble Bath, Flirty Flamingo and Petal Pink. Blending Brushes made colouring so easy. The size of brush really didn’t matter in this case - it just depended on the colour ink already on my brushes.


The coloured background panel was mounted onto a slightly larger piece of Fresh Freesia card-stock and then adhered to a Thick Basic White card-base. The leaf detailed die was cut from Basic White card-stock as was numerous little hearts. Four tiny hearts were blended with either Bubble Bath, Fresh Freesia and Balmy Blue. Each of the hearts were curved before 4 of them being glued together. An Iridescent Faceted Gem was added to the centre of each little flower. I hadn’t used these gems before - they are so gorgeous and provide a special shimmer.


Basic White card-stock was mounted to some Foam Adhesive Sheet and ”friend” was die cut. Before removing the die cut word, Berry Burst ink and a Blending Brush layered colour over the word. “Love You” was white heat embossed on Fresh Freesia card-stock and a tad of Berry Burst ink was lightly added to the bottom edge with a Blending Brush.


For a little extra shimmer, some Iridescent Striped Trim was trimmed lengthwise, tied into a double bow and tucked under one of the flowers.


The card inner was stamped a couple of times with the leaf stamp and the “thinking of you” sentiment was stamped in Berry Burst. A thin strip of Fresh Freesia card-stock was added to the side. A Basic White C6 Envelope was also stamped with the leafy stamp.


Thank you so much for spending time checking out my masked project for the #478 CASEing the Catty Challenge. I hope you found something to peak your interest. x


Don’t miss any of the inspiration from this wonderful Crew. The next blog in the hop is the lovely Rochelle Laird-Smith. Just click on the "next" graphic below to be taken to her blog. I am sure her project will be special.


Join In The Challenge
: We would love you to share a project you have created that has been inspired by the masking projects in the 2024-2025 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue. To share, all you need to do is go to the CASEing The Catty Challenge Group. If you aren't a member, it’s easy to request to join and then all you need to do is upload a photo of your project to the main section. You can click on the graphic below to be taken to the group on Facebook. We would love to see your creation.



#ctc478 #stampinup #stampinupaustralia #stampinupsouthpacific #stampinupdemo  #handmadecards #makeacardsendacard #stampinupdemonstrator #papercrafting #papercrafter  #valleyinspirations   #friendsforlife   #thecraftycarrotco. #caseingthecatty




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Andrea. This is another one of those sets I've been on the fence about but I've seen such lovely cards with it - like yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW - I think I've just discovered another set to add to my shopping cart!! I love love love what you've done with this card - so many gorgeous and totally stunning details, And I really love the soft subtle colour palatte.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting.

AWH Heart of Christmas Blog Hop #7

Christmas with Decorative Trees Hello. Welcome to  Valley Inspirations with Andrea  and the seventh  Art with Heart Team Heart of Christmas ...