Art with Heart Wow Tutorials

Monday 16 September 2024

AWH Heart of Christmas Blog Hop #7

Christmas with Decorative Trees

Hello. Welcome to Valley Inspirations with Andrea and the seventh Art with Heart Team Heart of Christmas Blog Hop for 2024. We commenced this series in August and will be continuing every week until the end of November. I hope you can check us out each week as I know there will be so many ideas and different projects to help your Christmas preparations.


I love sharing Christmas crafting with you and hope that you will find some inspiration. This week I am featuring the Decorative Trees bundle. I have one card to share but had hoped to create a second similar but different card, however, time just disappeared. Hopefully, I may be able to add a second card over the weekend. Here’s this week’s card. I hope you have your sunnies on! 


I played with the Decorative Trees bundle for a recent CASEing the Catty Blog Hop and  loved the trees in this bundle, so wanted to play further with it. This card also features most of the 2024-2026 In Colour Glimmer Speciality Paper - it has an amazing shimmer. I also added some Old Olive Glimmer from the Berry Burst, Old Olive & White Glimmer Speciality Paper. You can see the shimmer of the papers below.


I kept the card base and background Basic White as I thought the bright colours and glimmer would speak for themselves. The card base is a book fold with the top layer scored 2.6cm in from the left edge. The card base pieces were adhered together at this section. A light blending of Summer Splash was added on the background panel plus some splattering with a Summer Splash Stampin’ Write Marker.


A tree was cut from each Glimmer Speciality Paper, ie Petunia Pop, Pretty in Pink, Peach Pie, Old Olive and Summer Splash. Five of the detailed dies from the Decorative Trees bundle cut out intricate pieces from Basic White card-stock. Each intricate die cut tree had a little ink partially blended over using the same colour ink as the glimmery tree that sits under it. The trees were adhered to the card background with either Multipurpose Liquid Glue or Dimensionals.


Aren’t the trees gorgeous. My second card will have card-stock bases and detailed pieces of die cut glimmer to change things up.


The sentiment came from the Detailed Trees stamp set and was white heat embossed onto Summer Splash card-stock. 2024-2026 In Colour Shimmer Gems were scattered around the sentiment and trees. A piece of Iridescent Striped Trim was tied around the card into a bow - I thought I’d go all out with the shimmer as its a Christmas card!


Just a simple inside to the card with a stamped sentiment and tree from the same stamp set. 


Thank you so much for spending time with me on my blog. I hope this Decorative Tree card brought a smile.


There is more Christmas creativity, so do continue with the blog hop. Just click on the "next" graphic below to be taken to the blog of a lovely lady, Christine BlainI always look forward to checking out Christine’s creation(s). I do love seeing everyones' projects - there is so much inspiration.

Also, many of us participate in the Colour Creations Blog Hop that goes live every Wednesday night where we showcase one of Stampin’ Up!s colours each week. We would love you to also check in on us for more creative inspiration.

Stay well, stay safe and be kind to yourself.

Andrea 💕🐾


If you find a broken link or would like to view the full list of participants go to Sharon Davern’s blog @ Rhapsody in Craft. Sharon is our amazing Art With Heart Team Heart of Christmas Coordinator.  She is a special lady. Check out her delightful creation while you are there.

If you live in Australia, don't already have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and would like your own copy of the Stampin' Up 2023-2024 Annual Catalogue and or the coming September-December 2024 Mini Catalogue, then let me know and I will be delighted to send them to you.  Please don't hesitate to make contact with any other queries about this project or Stampin' Up!. 

#heartofchristmas  #heartofchristmas2024 #stampinup #stampinupaustralia #stampinupsouthpacific #stampinupdemo  #handmadecards #stampinupdemonstrator #papercrafting #artwithheartteam  #papercrafter  #valleyinspirations   #decorativetreeshttp://

6 comments:

  1. I love your super sparkly Christmas card Andrea, those bright colours are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such bright, glimmery, beauty! I love this card, Andrea. I really like the effect of the die-cut overlay pieces having been partially coloured. Gorgeous creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh snap, Andrea, on this gorgeous tree bundle. I was looking at these stunning glimmer papers and wondering how I could incorporate them into my card and you have done it so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's a very fun card Andrea! I love the effect you have created by using the different coloured glimmer papers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I love all those sparkly trees in this slimline card, Andrea. The stunning layer on top of each tree that is partially ink blended, is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all that gorgeous sparkle, Andrea and the ombre top layers really makes the trees pop. The side opening also adds another layer of interest.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting.

AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop #21 Crushed Curry

Crushed Curry with Country Birdhouse   Hello. Welcome to  Valley Inspirations with Andrea  and the  Art with Heart Colour Creations Blog Hop...