Art with Heart Wow Tutorials

Sunday 1 September 2024

CASEing The Catty #485 CASE A WATERCOLOUR TECHNIQUE

CASE A WATERCOLOUR TECHNIQUE meets Citrus Blooms


Hello, Welcome to Valley Inspirations with Andrea and #485 Challenge with CASEing the Catty.


I am so glad you have dropped by. You may have come from the lovely Rachel Palmieri, as you take this week’s Blog Hop or perhaps you have arrived here another way; either way I am delighted you are here. At the end of my blog, I have linked to Peta Stephen so you can continue with the Blog Hop.

At CASEing the Catty we love to use the samples from the Stampin' Up! Catalogues as inspiration and each week we have a different theme to guide our CASEing. To CASE is to "Copy And Selectively Edit" or some say "Copy And Share Everything". This week we are CASE-ing a watercolour technique in some form from the 2024 - 2025 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue.


There are numerous water-colour techniques and the Annual Catalogue talks of four different ways. Check out pages 118-119 of the Annual Catalogue to see them. For this weeks challenge I chose to use the first technique referenced on page 119 and it is shown in the graphic above. It could be said that this is a more traditional water-colouring technique of using ink, water and a painting brush. For Stampin' Up! that includes their range of water-based Classic Stampin' inks and Water Painters.


In the back of my mind, I have been thinking of creating a Christmas card using the Citrus Blooms bundle and adding something reminiscent of Cinnamon sticks and Star Anise used to make mulled wine - a traditional Christmas drink. I had remembered a previous Christmas kit by Stampin' Up! that featured cards with orange slices, cinnamon and star anise images.


The Citrus Blooms bundle has coordinating dies that include a gorgeous leafy frame, which I just had to use. I partially water-coloured a background panel with a touch of Lost Lagoon Classic Stampin' ink using Fluid 100 paper and the wide Water Painter. The Water Painters come in a set of 3, a wide brush, medium brush and fine tipped brush.


The larger orange image from the Citrus Blooms stamp set was gold heat embossed on Fluid 100 Paper. The image was water-coloured with Calypso Coral and a touch of Cajun Craze inks for the oranges; Lost Lagoon and Pretty Peacock inks for the leaves; and Lemon Lolly ink for the flowers. Seperate pieces of paper were fully coloured with either Crumb Cake or Early Expresso inks and then left to dry to be turned into either Cinnamon sticks or Star Anise. Here is a close up of the water-coloured image.


As I started to put the card together I realised that it could easily be top heavy and so not stand for display but topple over. The format of the card was changed to an easel fun fold, however, that meant that I needed other background panels. Time was speeding away and I remembered the gorgeous Thoughtful Journey Designer Series Paper that was created from water-coloured panels. it's a favourite of mine. The Stampin' Up! Concept Artists are so talented and often create the designs for the DSP by drawing/painting etc the original pieces that are photographed and recreated into DSP. As I had run out of time to water-colour my own backgrounds I used the Lost Lagoon watercolored designs. I also realised that I had forgotten to stamp pine fronds using the Golden Greenery stamp set so I used pine fronds that I had already fussy cut from the super gorgeous Graceful Greenery Vellum (its an Online Exclusive). Stampin' Up! have so many products to help you create - you don't have to start everything from scratch. 


Thank you so much for spending time with me. I so appreciate it. I hope you are inspired to try some watercoloring in some way. I so enjoy watercoloring, even though I feel I have so much more to learn. But if you are feeling a little intimidated, you could create a similar card, just CASE what I have done and use the gorgeous Mediterranean Blooms DSP. The most important thing is to enjoy your creativity. x


Don’t miss any of the inspiration from this wonderful Crew. The next blog in the hop is the lovely Peta Stephen. Just click on the "next" graphic below to be taken to her blog. I am sure her project will be a special.


Join In The Challenge
: We would love you to share a project you have created that has been inspired by the 2024-2025 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue. To share, all you need to do is go to the CASEing The Catty Challenge Group on Facebook. If you aren't a member, its easy to request to join and then all you need to do is upload a photo of your project to the main section. You can click on the graphic below to be taken to the group on Facebook. We would love to see your creation.



#ctc485 #stampinup #stampinupaustralia #stampinupsouthpacific #stampinupdemo  #handmadecards #makeacardsendacard #stampinupdemonstrator #papercrafting #papercrafter  #valleyinspirations   #citrusblooms   #peacefulseason  



 

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh your water colouring is sublime - I can see why you love it - you're so good!! And I looove the colours you've chosen for your images!! Such a stunning card - and the cinnamon stick is a wonderful idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mix of products you've used for this lovely card Andrea. Lost Lagoon is a gorgeous backdrop for the oranges.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting.

AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop #21 Crushed Curry

Crushed Curry with Country Birdhouse   Hello. Welcome to  Valley Inspirations with Andrea  and the  Art with Heart Colour Creations Blog Hop...