Art with Heart Wow Tutorials

Monday 2 September 2024

AWH Heart of Christmas Blog Hop #5

Christmas with Reindeer Days

Hello. Welcome to Valley Inspirations with Andrea and the 5th Art with Heart Team Heart of Christmas Blog Hop for 2024. We are hopping each week through August until the end of November. I hope you can check us out each week as I know there will be so many ideas and different projects on display to inspire your Christmas preparations.


I do love creating for Christmas and sharing creativity with you, hoping you will be inspired in your preparations for Christmas. This past week has been full so was thinking of something more simple to create and decided to CASE a card I made last year, ie a slim line card that features fussy cut images from Designer Series Paper to create a scene. This time I am featuring the wonderful Reindeer Days Designer Series Paper. Here is my card:


When I first saw the Reindeer Days Designer Series Paper with all the happy reindeers I thought of fussy cutting and rearranging them into a scene.  My plan today was to share 2 slimline cards that would be similar but different using different designs of the Reindeer Days DSP. It’s probably is no surprise that I couldn’t resist stepping it up a little with dry embossing, blending and layers so I ran out of time to complete the second card. There is a photo at the end of this blog to give you a sense of the images/layout of the second card, but I will try to finish it over the weekend and upload a photo.


I fussy cut numerous different images from a sheet of DSP, noting that the background was a gorgeous snowy Pool Party, so I couldn’t resist gently blending Pool Party Classic ink over the background panel. 


The panel was embossed with the gorgeous Snowflake Sky 3D Embossing Folder, before mounting the panel onto a slightly larger piece of Pool Party card-stock. The mounted panel was adhered to a Thick Basic White card base. An extra piece of Basic White card-stock was cut with dies from the Delicate Forrest dies to form little sloping hills.


The fussy cut images were arranged to form a story and adhered in place with Dimensionals and Multipurpose Liquid Glue. A sentiment from the Peaceful Season stamp set was white heat embossed onto Pool Party card-stock and then fussy cut, removing the second line of the sentiment. 


Two partial images on the edge of the sheet of DSP were fussy cut and added to inside edges of the card. A different sentiment from the Sentimental Wishes stamp set was added in Coastal Cabana ink. I will be creating an envelope from coordinating DSP for this card or perhaps stamping on a DL envelope when I find my stash.


Card 2: I also fussy cut reindeer from a different sheet of the DSP. Some trees were cut from a third sheet. See below, a rough layout of the second card. I will finish the second card in a similar but different way to the first card.


Thank you so much for spending time with me on my blog. I hope my card(s) brought a smile.


There is more Christmas creativity, so do continue with the blog hop. Just click on the "next" graphic below to be taken to the blog of a lovely lady, Christina BarnesI am looking forward to checking out Christina’s creation(s). I do love seeing everyone’s' projects - there is always so much inspiration.

Also, many of us participate in the Colour Creations Blog Hop that goes live every Wednesday night where we showcase one of Stampin’ Up!s colours each week. It would be wonderful if you could also check in on us for more creative inspiration.

Stay well, stay safe and be kind to yourself.

Andrea 💕🐾



If you find a broken link or would like to view the full list of participants go to Sharon Davern’s blog @ Rhapsody in Craft. Sharon is our amazing Art With Heart Team Heart of Christmas Coordinator.  She is a special lady. Check out her delightful creation while you are there.

If you live in Australia, don't already have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and would like your own copy of the Stampin' Up 2023-2024 Annual Catalogue and or the new September-December 2024 Mini Catalogue, then let me know and I will be delighted to send them to you.  Please don't hesitate to make contact with any other queries about these projects or Stampin' Up!. 

#heartofchristmas  #heartofchristmas2024 #stampinup #stampinupaustralia #stampinupsouthpacific #stampinupdemo  #handmadecards #stampinupdemonstrator #papercrafting #artwithheartteam  #papercrafter  #valleyinspirations   #reindeerdays  #peacefulseason  #sentimentalwishes

6 comments:

  1. So much fun, arranging all these little reindeer in a wintery scene. I love the snow banks, and inclusion of the snowman (snowdeer?). Very sweet, Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are soooo gorgeous! And they are such happy reindeer, your cards will bring a smile to everyone's faces. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Fabulous design. Wonderful, I love it. Blessings, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, so much fussy cutting, but what a gorgeous, fun scene you have created, Andrea. I love the rolling snowhills, gentle blending and the snowflake dry embossing. This card will be sitting proud on someone's mantlepiece this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea what a fun scene you have created and I love how each reindeer is part of your story. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute playful Christmas card. Your fussy cutting is amazing!! I just love the beautiful happy scene you have created.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting.

AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop #21 Crushed Curry

Crushed Curry with Country Birdhouse   Hello. Welcome to  Valley Inspirations with Andrea  and the  Art with Heart Colour Creations Blog Hop...