Art with Heart Wow Tutorials

Monday 1 August 2022

AWH Heart of Christmas #5

Heart of Christmas Blog Hop: Mistletoe Magic

Hello. Welcome to Valley Inspirations with Andrea and the fifth Art with Heart Team Heart of Christmas Blog Hop for 2022. 

So glad you are joining us. Here are two Christmas cards using the same layout but different colour combinations:
 
Send some personally crafted mistletoe to that special someone to wish them a Merry Christmas.

Firstly, I need to apologise for my photography. I had numerous delays in creating my card for this Blog Hop and by the time I was able to photograph the projects the sun had moved and I needed to move my table to the edge of my driveway to have sunlight rather than shade. I will try to re-photograph in-between rain over the next couple of days.

Send some personally crafted mistletoe to that special someone to wish them a Merry Christmas.

I am part of the Stamping Cove Design Team and created the green card for the Christmas in July challenge. At that time I tossed up whether I would have a green (Soft Succulent) or a red (Cherry Cobbler) base. As I initially chose the Soft Succulent colour combo, I thought I would create with the Cherry Cobbler base for this Blog Hop and show both cards.

Send some personally crafted mistletoe to that special someone to wish them a Merry Christmas.

I started by gold heat embossing the bottom and a side of the Cherry Cobbler card front using the larger mistletoe stamp from the Mistletoe Magic Stamp Set. I blended over the edges of the card front with some Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin' ink using a Blending Brush. The effect is minimal so think if I was re-creating the card I may use Merry Merlot Classic inkSome White Craft ink was splattered over the card front before being mounted on some Merry Merlot card-stock and then centred onto the Cherry Cobbler card base.

Send some personally crafted mistletoe to that special someone to wish them a Merry Christmas.

The two mistletoe stamps were gold embossed with Versamark ink, Gold Emboss Powder and a Heat Gun onto Shimmery White card-stock. (Have you seen the Stampin' Up! heat Embossing Additions Tool Kit on page 49 of the July-December Mini Catalogue. It is brilliant to use.) The mistletoe was water-coloured in Cherry Cobbler and Granny Apple Green inks with a fine Water Painter. They were die cut using the Mistletoe dies. A detailed mistletoe die, cut some gold detailed mistletoe from Gold Foil.

Send some personally crafted mistletoe to that special someone to wish them a Merry Christmas.

The mistletoe was arranged and adhered with Mini Dimensionals, Multipurpose Liquid Glue and Glue Dots - all of my favourite adhesives. A bow tied with Gold Satin Edged Ribbon and Gold Elegant Trim was added with Glue Dots. A white heat embossed sentiment from the same stamp set was fussy cut and popped up on Mini Dimensionals. Gold Festive Pearls were sprinkled around as the finishing touch.

Send some personally crafted mistletoe to that special someone to wish them a Merry Christmas.

The card inner was gold heat embossed with the smaller mistletoe stamp and a small piece of Gold detailed die cut mistletoe was added over the top. A thin strip of Cherry Cobbler card-stock was adhered on the right side. A Basic White C6 Envelope was also gold embossed with part of the larger mistletoe stamp.

Send some personally crafted mistletoe to that special someone to wish them a Merry Christmas.


CARD 2:

The Soft Succulent card was created in the same way.

Send some personally crafted mistletoe to that special someone to wish them a Merry Christmas.

The blended emboss resist background used Soft Succulent and Evening Evergreen inks over the gold heat embossing. The mistletoe was water-coloured with Soft Sea Foam and Mint Macaron inks and the berries with Calypso Coral ink. Some gold die cut mistletoe, a multi stranded bow (using White Glittered Organdy ribbon and Gold Simply Elegant Trim) and Iridescent Pearls added that touch of lusciousness.

Send some personally crafted mistletoe to that special someone to wish them a Merry Christmas.

With this card, I forgot to add the white splattering and some water sprinkles till I had almost finished the card. Undeterred, I splattered and sprinkled BUT Murphy's Law prevailed and the splattering of white craft ink added a huge splat. I didn't have time to re-do the background so tried to fix it. For me the error is still noticeable. Certainly disappointing. I did remember to splatter the background of the Cherry Cobbler background before adding the mistletoe, etc!

Send some personally crafted mistletoe to that special someone to wish them a Merry Christmas.

It is always a delight to see everyone's creations and I am sure there will be gorgeous Christmas projects on show so don't miss checking out each blog. To continue with the blog hop, click on the "onto the next" graphic below to be taken to the blog of the lovely Michele Taylor at Taylor Made Designs.

Don't forget the weekly Colour Creations Blog Hop by the Art with Heart Team that launches every Wednesday at 8.00pm AEST. 

Stay well, stay safe and be kind to yourself and others.

Andrea XXX


If at any time you find a broken link and the next blog doesn’t come up or you started part way through, please head to the blog of our Heart of Christmas Blog Hop Host, the very special Sharon Davern, and she will have the list of and links to all Art With Heart Team members who are participating in this blog hop. Check out her beautiful creation while you are there.

If you are in Australia, don't already have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and would like your own copy of Stampin' Up's 2022-2023 Annual Catalogue and or the July - December Mini Catalogue then let me know and I will be delighted to send them to you. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any other queries about these projects or Stampin' Up!. 

#heartofchristmas #heartofchristmas2022  #awhtheartofchristmas #Stampin'Up! #stampinupaustralia #stampinupsouthpacific #stampinupdemo  #handmadecards #makeacardsendacard #stampinupdemonstrator #papercrafting #artwithheartteam  #papercrafter  #stamper  #valleyinspirations #mistletoemagic 

9 comments:

  1. Wow, two stunners! I love how layered the mistletoe is, and the gold embossing is luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel Woollard1 August 2022 at 20:16

    Two amazing cards Andrea, I love both of them, but the Cherry Cobbler base is my fave. I love the mistletoe stamped on the background too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel Woollard1 August 2022 at 20:17

    Two amazing cards Andrea, but the Cherry Cobbler one is my fave. I love the mistletoe stamped on the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, Andrea. I just LOVE the panels on which you have gold-embossed the mistletoe, blended ink around the edges, and splattered white ink - really beautiful art pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catherine Proctor1 August 2022 at 21:37

    I can’t chose a fave card - they are both stunning, Andrea. I love how different they both look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another couple of beautiful cards Andrea. My favourite is definitely the Soft Succulent one and I love the emboss resist background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two magnificent cards Andrea, however, the Soft Succulent version wins for me. Your feature piece is beautiful but what really makes the cards is the emboss resist technique used on the front panel. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both stunning cards, Andrea. I actually cannot choose a favourite between them. All the layers, the embossing the gold accents, everything is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two absolutely beautiful cards Andrea. I love the colours on both - the richness of the traditional Cherry Cobbler on card 1, and the softer combination of greens on card 2. Gorgeous! Caroline.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting.

AWH Colour Creations Blog Hop #46 Smoky Slate

Smoky Slate with Magnolia Mood Hello. Welcome to  Valley Inspirations with Andrea  and the  Art with Heart Colour Creations Blog Hop.  We ar...